My Lovely Followers

Thursday 22 February 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #704 - All Occasion

Hello again friends; I'm back once again with my DT card for this week's Krafty Chicks challenge.  We are on Week 4 which is 'All Occasion' i.e. birthday, sympathy, get well etc; the world's your oyster!  
I found these images already coloured from another project so thought I would put them to good use. I didn't need a specific card so just made a generic hello friend card.  Here is my card:
A close up of the cute doggies:
Plus I decorated the inside:
In addition to the images already being coloured I also had the circles pre-cut that I was going to use on another card but then changed my mind (they were all cut from pieces from my scrap bin).  I did have to cut a few extra for the inside but this card was super easy to put together once I had decided on the layout.   I cut a panel from white card 3 3/4" x 5" and added the circles randomly around (but in rainbow order) with foam squares.  I also added the cute dog images with foam squares too.  I stamped the friend and hello words in black ink and used the matching die to cut out the friend, along with another 3 from white card.  I used a tiny sentiment strip die to cut out the hello word.   I used a tip I learned from Mindy Eggen and used the extra friend die cuts to layer up the word but only used the middle part that would have contact with the card panel so that everything would be the same level.  The panel was added with double sided tape.  I didn't add any embellishments as I thought it looked cute as it was.  For the inside I used the left over pieces of the circles that I had cut off from the front and added them around my panel.  The only circles I had to cut extra were the teal one and the yellow one.  I added another dog to the inside too.  These were all added with liquid glue.  I didn't add a sentiment as I thought this card could be for any occasion and I could add one when I needed to.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

AAA Cards challenge - anything CAS option birthday
Colorful Options challenge - Pink or rainbow creations
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG must include an animal
Creative Inspirations challenge - someone you love/for a friend
Creative Friday challenge - Double (2 dogs)
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Day of the Month Card Club challenge - random act of kindness
Dream Valley challenge - Our 4 legged friends
I love Promarkers challenge - ATG option under the sea
Simply Clean and Simple challenge - ATG CAS option pink 
Sweet Stampin' challenge - Always look on the bright side of life

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'All Occasions' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer for February, Helen.  

Thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 
  
Card ingredients:
MFT Stamps - Friends at first sip (for dogs)
MFT Stamps - Tag builder blueprints 6 (die cut circles)
Gina K Designs - Modern flower stamp & die set (for sentiments)*
Promarkers
Versafine - onyx black ink pad
Sakura - white no 10 gelly roll pen
other card from my scraps bin

*was part of the Hello Lovely kit but no longer available - it will be in the store when the new kit is launched

12 comments:

Leanne said...

Super cute, and great critters, the colors pop, way to go! Have a great day! Hugs, L

kareN stampZ said...

What a fab idea I love all the coloured popped up circles with just a hint of cute. Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Cards this week.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So happy to see this entry! Fabulous! So perfect for our 'Always Look On The Bright Side of Life' challenge at Sweet Stampin'. Absolutely love it! Thanks for sharing it with us. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Makira said...

🩷🩷🩷 A sensational CAS card! Your bold color choices and the impactful use of a large sentiment make your creation stand out. Appreciate your participation in the Colorful Options Challenge – thank you for sharing your talent! 🎨🌈🩷 Cheers, Makira

Helen said...

Great card layout - a really colourful, fun design.

Thanks for having me as a Guest Chick again this week.

Helen x

baileyrosy.com said...

Thank you so much for sharing this dynamic colorful card with us at Colorful Options. I love the graphic style and those critters are so cute.

Marie

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this design Denise! The bright circles make a great background and I love your adorable little critters. Vicky x

Lori Turner said...

OMGOSH Denise...this is such a sweet card. Love it! xoxoox

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Such a fun vibrant card Denise! Love the layout! And the colours! And the little puppers! Isn’t great when you find all the pieces ready and you just need to assemble??

Toni said...

Using up stuff from my stash is one of my favorite ways to make a card--so well done!

Silke said...

Such a beautiful card. Love your design. The cheerful colours are a nice contrast to the cute little doggies. Many thanks for joining us at Creative Friday.

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Super cute CAS card Denise. Love all the colours. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT