My Lovely Followers

Thursday 22 February 2024

Just Us Girls challenge #715

Welcome friends; I hope you've had a great week so far and you are looking forward to the weekend.  I'm back to share my last guest designer card for the Just Us Girls challenge (I can't believe where the last 4 weeks have gone!).  
This week is a nice easy challenge for you - anything goes with a stencil.  If you are like me you have lots of stencils to choose from so grab some and play along.  
It is my nephew's birthday today so of course this was the perfect opportunity to make him a card.  Here is my stencil card:
a closer look:
and I decorated the inside:
I always make my family 5" x 7" cards because sometimes bigger is better.  I began by cutting my panels using Gina K's ML 8 which is designed to fit on a 5" x 7" card.  I used a star stencil and chose masculine colours to ink blend with.  I worked in a diagonal pattern, alternating the colours and stars and I also stamped some stars in between to fill any gaps.  I decided to add some metallic splatter in copper instead of adding any extra embellishments. I originally stamped the sentiment directly onto the card panel but it looked a little lost in all the stencilling so stamped it again in black ink onto white card and cut it with my paper trimmer and then matted it onto a black panel; this was then added with double sided tape.  The panel was added onto the card base with foam tape.  For the inside I cut the same size panels and used the stencil at the bottom, again alternating the colours and patterns.  I stamped a sentiment in the centre with black ink.  The panel was added onto my card base with double sided tape.  I really like the colour combo and will definitely use it again.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

As You Like It challenge - feminine or masculine (and why) - I have a husband and 2 sons as well as a nephew so I've always enjoyed and made my fair share of masculine cards  
Creative Knockouts challenge - die cuts/punches/stencils (I've used dies and a stencil) 10 challenges max
Seize The Birthday challenge - ATG birthday (no topping)
The Paper Funday challenge - ATG optional twist no patterned paper
Time Out challenge - birthday theme (it's their 10th birthday!) 5 challenges max

I'm sure this will be a popular challenge as we all love our stencils don't we.  Please pop over and check out the gorgeous creations by the talented design team.  I want to say a big thank you to Just Us Girls challenge for asking me to guest with them in February; it's been an honour and I've had a blast.  I'll be back next week playing along as usual lol!

My DT card for the Krafty Chicks challenge will be along soon so I hope you'll pop back and check it out.  Until then, thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate your support. 

Love and hugs, 

card ingredients:
Gina K Designs - star-studded 6x6 stencil
Gina K Designs - grand gentlemen stamp set
Gina K Designs - master layouts 8
Gina K Designs - birthday cheer stamp set (for inside sentiment and small stamped stars)
Gina K Designs - copper glimmer mist
Versafine - onyx black ink

15 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Your card is absolutely wonderful, Denise. It is a fabulous masculine card. I love the colors and the cascading stars. Your nephew is sure to love it. It has been wonderful having you as our Guest Designer. Thank you so much for designing with us, and we hope to continue to see you in the gallery.

Carol said...

Denise, thank you for. your terrific cards. It was great having you as our guest. I love the colors and the stars on this card. I know your nephew will love it. Lookiing forward to seeing you in the gallery soon!

Vicki Dutcher said...

You rocked the month as our guestie! This final card is really good. I love the color combination. Perfect for your nephew. Thanks for joining us for February 🥰

I Card Everyone said...

Denise, I have really enjoyed all of your cards here at Just us Girls! You are a wonderful guest and I LOve your stenciled stars in these gorgeous colors!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I enjoyed having you guest with us this month, Denise! All of your cards have been fantastic. Your nephew is one lucky fella to receive this fabulous stenciled card! What great colors!

My Paper Epiphany said...

This is a brilliant design for a masculine card! I love the inside as well. Thanks so much for helping us celebrate our 10th Birthday at Time Out Challenges:)

ElizStewart said...

Denise... loving your stenciled version of the stars! Great card.

Donna Walls said...

Fantastic masculine card and the colors are perfect! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenges
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Bobby said...

I love the way your stenciled and stamped stars float down the panel, Denise, and the colors are perfect for a masculine card. It's been great having you as a guest this month. I hope we continue to see you in the gallery.

Ina G said...

Wow what a fabulous stencil Denise and love the masculine colour choices. Also thos tiny splatters are a great finisher. Loved having you Guest with us. See you again soon.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Thanks for joining in at STB also! :)

cm said...

You're an all-star aunt for making your nephew this fabulous card; it's awesome! I know he'll love it, as do I! You've been an awesome guest designer this month; thank you for all the inspiration!
~carol

Helen said...

What a wonderful card Denise. I'm sure you rnephew loved it! Great use of colour and design! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenges:)

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your amazing stars in all of those masculine colors! Awesome card. Thanks so much for joining us this past month with all of your wonderful cards!

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous card, Denise. I really love the colours and the stencil. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma