My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 21 February 2024

2024 Crafty Kickoff IG Card Hop - Week 6

Hello again crafty friends; I hope you're having a great week so far.  I'm sharing my card for Week 6 of the 2024 Crafty Kickoff IG Card Hop which has been organised by my lovely friend Kelly.  Each week we will share a themed card to inspire you and this week we have a great theme of 'leap ahead'.  
In honour of 2024's leap year, this week we will leap ahead in creative ways.  I decided to be very literal with my card and used a cute critter leaping on my card.  Sorry my post is photo heavy this week as I tried to show off the interactive part of the card.  
Here is my card:
the next couple of photos shows my critter sliding up the card:
 
Here is a close up of the cute kangaroos:
plus I decorated the inside:
I stamped the cute images and coloured them with Promarkers; using the matching dies to cut them out.  I cut a white card panel 4" x 5 1/2" and using a cloud stencil ink blended the whole panel in light blue ink.  I didn't have the proper slider die but found a similar shape and size die in my stash and cut it into the panel where I wanted my kangaroo to jump.  I took a piece of green card from my scraps bin and used a hillside border die to cut a small hill for the bottom of my card.  I adhered it to the card panel with liquid glue.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink onto the green hill and the 'jumping marks' just above on the cloud background.  I added mama kangaroo with foam squares in the bottom left and adhered the tree behind her with liquid glue.  Again I don't have any of the slider mechanisms so die cut some small circles from white card and added a tiny piece of foam tape in between them to make my slider piece.  I attached the baby roo to the slider piece with double sided tape.  I finished off with two small clouds which were adhered with liquid glue.  I added lots of foam tape behind the panel, avoiding the area where the kangaroo would leap and added it to my card base.  I'm really happy with how it turned out considering it was the first time I've made one of these cards.  It actually went quite smoothly (which makes a change for me lol!).  For the inside I cut the same size white panel and again ink blended the cloud background and added a small green hill at the bottom.  I added another tree to the bottom left corner and stamped a sentiment in the centre with black ink.  I hope my interactive card inspires you to join in with the leap ahead fun.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Crafty Animals challenge - ATG must include an animal
Creative Knockouts challenge - die cuts/punches/stencils (10 challenges max)
Creative Friday challenge - Double (I have 2 clouds and 2 trees)
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Dream Valley challenge - Our 4 legged friends
I Love Promarkers challenge - ATG option under the sea
The Paper Funday challenge - ATG optional twist no patterned paper

I would love it if you would pop over to Instagram and see the amazing work by all the other crafters taking part in the hop.  Please use the hashtag #2024craftykickoffcards to find the hop and also so that we can find your creation if you are inspired to take part.  

This is our final week of this hop but don't worry we'll be back again with a brand new Spring Hop in March.  

I'll be back again with you tomorrow with a couple of cards so please pop by and check them out.  As always I appreciate the comments you leave and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 
 
card ingredients:
MFT - gift card groove dies (for slider)
MFT - mini cloud edges stencil
MFT - everything wonderful stamp set (for inside sentiment)
Gina K Designs - sea glass ink pad
Promarkers
Versafine - onyx black ink
Memento - tuxedo black ink (to stamp images)
green card from scraps bin

2 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Fabulous interactive card and those Kanagroos are just too cute! Thanks for playing at The Paper Funday Challenge, we appreciate your support!
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

Silke said...

What a cute card. Love your design. Great idea to have the little kangaroo slide across the card. Many thanks for joining us at Creative Friday.