My Lovely Followers

Thursday 15 February 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #703 - CAS

Hello again friends; I hope you're doing ok and having a good week so far.  I'm sharing my card for this week's Krafty Chicks challenge and we are on Week 3 which is 'CAS' (clean and simple).  Our hostess this week is Diane and our guest designer is Helen.  
I'm enjoying creating CAS style cards at the moment and suprising myself as I always liked the look of them but felt too intimidated to try them.  I needed a masculine birthday card and always feel men prefer less fussy cards so this was the perfect challenge.  Here is my card:
A close up look:
I also decorated the inside:
I don't make horizontal cards very often as I prefer portrait style but I thought my design suited this orientation better.  I used graphic style stamps and a limited colour palette to maintain the clean and simple feel.  I began by cutting my card panel 4" x 5 1/4".  I stamped the 3 larger circles in black ink and then using smaller circles used an array of blue and yellow inks to make a slightly curved design.  Most of the stamps were from the same stamp set but I did grab some random small stamps from other stamp sets in my stash.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink and nestled it under the curve of my stamping.  The panel was then adhered to my card base with foam tape.  No embellishments or anything else added and I'm really happy with the result.  For the inside I again cut the same size white panel and used the stamps to create a border on the left hand side.  I stamped my sentiment in black ink and then added the panel to the card base with double sided tape.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Simply Clean and Simple challenge - ATG CAS option pink
The Paper Funday challenge - ATG option no patterned paper
Time Out challenge - birthday theme (Happy 10th Birthday Time Out) - 5 challenges max
Unicorn challenge - dots and/or stripes

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'CAS' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks LeanneDianeLori and our guest designer Helen who is joining us again for February.  

Thank you stopping by and leaving me such lovely comments; I appreciate you all.  

Love and hugs, 
card ingredients:
Uniko Stamps - wonderful day (for sentiments)
Versafine - onyx black ink
additional dots from:
Gina K Designs - playful penguins, fluttering fall layering stencil bundle
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card




10 comments:

Leanne said...

Love this, it is fun with the different colors, and the cool stamps I like it a lot, way to go! Have a great day! Cheers, L

Lori Turner said...

Very COOL masculine card, friend! LOVE it!

Kate said...

This is magnificent! I love the bold graphic design and you absolutely nailed it using the limited palette! Thanks so much for sharing our birthday celebration with us at Time Out! Hugs, Kate!

Helen said...

Love this - such a great masculine design.

Helen x

Donna Walls said...

I always say Geometric shapes make the best masculine cards and this one proves it! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenges
Inspiration Station Challenges
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Spectacular masculine card. Love the different circle patterns and great colour choice. Very fitting for a CAS challenge.

Quillish said...

What a cool masculine card! Love the deep colors you chose and the CAS design. So glad you joined us at the Time Out party with this wonderful card. Hugs ~ Ishani

stampinwithanita said...

Well I love CAS cards and yours is outstanding! The colors and design are perfect!!! So well done. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge this month.

New Creations said...

Love the CAS look with such a clean and neat look with circles!
Thanks for joining us at the Uniko Birthday Linky Party!
DT Vinita

Furrbster said...

What a fabulous CAS design!

Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Moments,

Hugz Tinz