My Lovely Followers

Thursday 15 February 2024

Just Us Girls challenge #714

Good morning friends; I hope you're all doing ok and having a great week.  I'm sharing my third guest designer card for the Just Us Girls challenge
This week we have a beautiful mood board to work with:
Isn't that a dreamy collage of loveliness!  You can be inspired by the images, the colours, the patterns, whatever takes your fancy.  I loved everything but my eye was drawn to the shells and the colours.  This is what I came up with:
a closer look:
and here are the shells:
of course I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting my arch die from a white panel 3 3/4" x 5" and put it aside.  I took another white panel cut a teeny bit smaller; used a scallop stencil and some purple and teal inks and ink blended a background.  Once I removed the stencil I went back over the ink blended background with the same inks to soften the white so it wasn't so stark.  I added foam tape behind the arch panel and stuck that onto the ink blended panel (I could have made a shaker card but decided not too).  I then used some gem watercolours to add some splatter all over the panel.  I stamped and coloured lots of shells using purple, aqua and beige Promarkers and then fussy cut them all out.  I arranged the shells and used a piece of masking tape to keep them in place, turned them over and placed foam squares behind (with a double layer in the middle) and adhered them to the bottom of the arch.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiments from the stamp set and die cut them with some sentiment strip dies.  I also added these to the card with foam squares.  For some extra bling I used a shimmer pen all over the shells (although it's really hard to see in the photos but they really glisten in real life).  The finished panel was added to the card base with double sided tape.  For the inside I again used the stencil and the same inks and ink blended a border at the bottom of the panel.  I stamped the cluster of shells and coloured them with Promarkers before fussy cut them out.  I added it with liquid glue to the bottom left.  I stamped a simple sentiment in the centre with black ink.  The panel was then added to the card with double sided tape.  For once this card turned out exactly as I had planned and I think it matches the mood board quite well.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Dream Valley challenge - add a sentiment
I Love Promarkers challenge - ATG option Easter
Just Add Ink challenge - purple, blue/aqua, white (6 challenges max)
Stencil Fun challenge - ATG with a stencil option love/hearts
Tic Tac Toe challenge - stencil/die cut/frame

Please pop over to the challenge blog and check out the amazing creations by the very talented design team and I hope I've inspired you with my card.  I'll be back very soon with my DT card for this week's Krafty Chicks challenge but until then thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 

card ingredients:
Lawn Fawn - Year 3 stamp set (for inside greeting)
Taylored Expressions - sweet scallops stencil 
Mama Elephant - B2B arches die set
Gina K designs - modern floral (for the tiny sentiment die)
Gina K Designs - ink pads - wild lilac, turquoise sea and white pigment ink cube
Kuretake Gansai Tambi - gem colours palette

10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great inspired card! I love this layout, and that background is fabulous with those tiny seashells

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is absolutely wonderful, Denise. I love it inside and out. Mermaids are a favorite fo mine - love that scaley stencil and all the colors you picked up from the moodboard. Your art I really a joy to see. Thanks for Designing with us. I always look forward to your projects.

Carol said...

This is just fabulous! Anybody can see what inspired you and you did it your way SO well! LOVE those shells and the background! So happy to have you as our guest!

cm said...

Denise, your card is a delightful take on the mood board, featuring the key colours and pretty assortment of shells. A charming little seascape, both outside and in!
~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love how you were inspired by the Moodboard! That ink blended/stenciled background is so pretty along with your perfectly colored shells. Love how you carried it all over into the inside of the card, too.






















































Nancy said...

Denise, You are doing a fabulous job as guesting over at JUGS! I have been eyeing your work. As for this card, you took the mood board and captured it perfectly! So happy to see that you linked up with us at Seize the Birthday! I hope you will come back again soon!

ElizStewart said...

Denise... I love the design layout you used for this card! Such a lovely way to feature the background and the shells. Very fun. Thanks so much for spending the month with us sharing your talents!

Bobby said...

The stenciled scallops made a great place for your lovely sea shells to rest, Denise. The colors are perfect.

Ina G said...

Simply gorgeous Denise. Love the stencilled background for those oh so pretty sea shells.

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous creation! I love design and choice of colours!
Thanks for playing at I Loave Promrkers Challege,
Ileana.