My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 14 February 2024

2024 Crafty Kickoff IG card hop - Week 5

Hello crafty friends and Happy Valentine's Day.  Whether you celebrate or not I trust you'll have a great day.  I'm sharing my card for this week's 2024 Crafty Kickoff IG card hop, which has been organised by my lovely friend Kelly.  Each week we will share a themed card to inspire you and this week we have a great theme of 'Valentine's your way'. 
Valentine's Day means different things to different people; if you're not in a relationship it can seem that it's not a day for you but you must show yourself love and celebrate YOU.  Obviously if you're in a new relationship Valentine's is a big deal to show how much you love each other but when you've been married as long as I have it's just another day but we do give each other cards lol!.  Here is the card I made for my hubby:
a closer look at the sweet image:
plus I decorated the inside:
I was inspired by a card I recently saw by Gina K Designs, although I wanted mine a little bigger.  I cut my card base to be 5 1/4" square and cut a red mat just a touch smaller and this was adhered with double sided tape.  I didn't have a decorate die in the correct size so took an A2 die and just partial die cut it and then extended it to make it approximately 5" square.  I used a heart stencil and some red ink to decorate this panel.  This was then added to my red mat with double sided tape.  I die cut a heart from white card and another in the size bigger from red card but I felt the red heart was too big so ended up trimming it down with scissors so that the border was smaller (it's a bit wonky but it's not too bad).  I used a sunshine stencil and light grey ink to decorate the white heart.  I stamped the cute hedgie image and coloured it with Promarkers before fussy cutting it out.  I added some white highlights to the image with a gel pen.  I added the hedgies with foam tape to the centre of my heart and stamped the sentiment, curving it slightly to match the circle in the stencil, with black ink.  The heart was added with liquid glue.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink below the heart and die cut the husband word 4 times from black card and stacked them for stability and dimension.  This was added with liquid glue below the stamped sentiment.  I added a few sequins and my card was finished.  I wish now that I'd left the bottom layer plain white as I feel it's a little busy but hubby isn't really a 'card person' so he won't mind!  For the inside I cut a white panel and a red mat and adhered them together with double sided tape.  I used the heart stencil at the bottom of the white panel and stamped a sentiment in black ink.  My finished card measures 5 1/4" wide by 6 3/4" tall including the heart.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Aud Sentiments challenge - use dies and/or love + sentiment
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG must include an animal
Crafty Catz challenge - ATG option Valentine or with love
Creative Inspirations challenge - for someone you love/special friend
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Cut It Up challenge - have a heart
Double D challenge - heartfelt
Little Red Wagon challenge - show us some love
Stamping Sensations challenge - animals, birds and creatures
Sweet Stampin' challenge - Valentine's or Galentine's day
The Male Room challenge - Valentine/use a heart
Try It On Tuesday challenge - hearts and/or flowers

Wow there are still a lot of heart/love challenges around!  Again I did check the rules but if I've overlooked anything and broken any please delete me. 

I would love it if you would pop over to Instagram and see the amazing work by all the other crafters taking part in the hop.  Please use the hashtag #2024craftykickoffcards to find the hop and also so that we can find your creation if you are inspired to take part.  

I'll be back again with you tomorrow with a couple of cards so please pop by and check them out.  As always I appreciate the comments you leave and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 

card ingredients:
Penny Black Stamps - piece of my heart stamp set
Clearly Besotted Stamps - happy days stamp set - retired
Go Create - XXL frames - heart #1
Heffy Doodle - husband die (it's retiring so on sale)
Gina K Designs - sunshine stencil
Gina K Designs - Master Layouts 4 (for scalloped die which I extended)
Gina K Designs - ink pads - red hot and soft stone
Textures by Lou Collins - heart fragments stencil
Promarkers
CC Designs - elegant Valentine (for inside sentiment) - retired
red card from stash

17 comments:

Dena J said...

A marvelous image, Denise. Such a sweet idea of the puzzle piece! Thank you so much for joining the Hearts challenge at Allsorts.

Linby said...

It's a wonderful design to showcase that small PB stamp. It works so well. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping and Stamping Sensations challenges.

brenda said...

What a very pretty design with the heart popping over the top with the two PB hedgies.

Lovely to see you at our romantic themes at Allsorts and We Love Stamping and of course the hedgies are perfect at Stamping Sensations.

B x

Heather said...

This is just the cutest! Love these little guys, and their little heart puzzle! Wonderful card design, too - so dramatic! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh my! Super cute.....great topper and really cute images! Don't you just love Gina K?!? Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Heartfelt Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

meg said...

You can't beat Penny Black hedgie stamps for a romantic card,great layout and colours, thank you for joining in at MMM

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How cute and sweet card! Love the design and those cute hedgehogs! Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping!

Chris said...

I love the design of your Valentines card with the fabulous stencilled heart and the cute hedgehogs. Thank you so much for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.
Chris
x

HilaryJane said...

This is a great design and perfect for valentines day. Love those little hedgies and the stencilled background. Thanks for sharing it with us at we love stamping and for joining in with the theme xx

anne said...

A beautiful Valentine card with uyou sweet PB hedgies
Thank you for sharing it with us at Critter Crazy Challenge.
Anne CC-DT

Dora said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining at stamping sensations

Julia Aston said...

what wonderful stamps used here Denise - love how dimensional the big heart looks with its rays and the fun hedgies holding puzzle pieces! Thanks for sharing with with us at Inkspirational: Hearts - Julia xx

Pia S said...

Loving how the hedgehog couple is in the spotlight and the red and light blue color combo, so sweet! Thanks for joining our challenge at Try It On Tuesday.

Joan said...

Lovely card, love those cute hedgies

Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday challenge
Joan

MRS DUCK said...

Love this card. Gorgeous!
Thanks for joining in at this month's challenge at MAWTT.
Best wishes.
Ang

Helen said...

This is gorgeous, Denise and so cute.

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Goga said...

Fantastic male valentine card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room challenge. Goga