My Lovely Followers

Thursday 8 February 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #702 Christmas

Hello again lovely friends; I'm back again this morning to share my card for this week's Krafty Chicks challenge.  I am the hostess this week and as always Week 2 is 'Christmas'.  I am finding it really helpful that I have to make at least 1 Christmas card each week so hopefully won't be rushing again in December as I do most years!  
Just before Christmas last year I bought some cute stamps from LOTV so decided to ink some of them up.  Here is my card:
and a closer look at the image:
I completely forgot to decorate the inside so no photo this time - it's a shock I know but it won't happen again I promise!

I began by stamping the snow globe in black ink.  There are 6 different scenes to choose from in the stamp set to put inside the globe and this time I chose the sweet cottage, again stamped in black ink.  I coloured the image with Promarkers, added a few highlights with a white gel pen and then fussy cut the globe out (no matching dies with LOTV sets).  The background is from a paper pad that I picked up from TK Maxx which I thought was really cute.  I attached the paper with double sided tape and the snow globe was adhered with foam squares.  The large sentiment was stamped below the snow globe directly onto the paper with black ink.  I added a few pearls randomly on the background and my card was complete.  I'm really happy with the way it turned out and I cannot wait to try the globe with all the other cute images.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps & More challenge - make your mark (I stamped and coloured with markers)
As You Like It challenge - physical or digi stamps (I prefer physical as I'm not very techy)
Dream Valley challenge - add a sentiment
I Love Promarkers challenge - ATG option Easter
Make My Monday challenge - use your patterned paper
Peace On Earth Christmas challenge - anything Christmas goes
Shopping Our Stash challenge - winter wonderland
The Four Seasons challenge - ATG winter challenge

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'Christmas' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and our guest designer for February Helen.  

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me such lovely comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to visit me.   

Love and hugs, 

LOTV - snow globes A5 stamp set*
LOTV - Christmas greetings A5 stamp set*
Craft ID - winter fun paper pad - from TK Maxx
Promarkers
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card
Versafine onyx black ink (for sentiment)
Memento tuxedo black ink (alcohol marker friendly)
Sakura - white gelly roll no. 10 pen

*LOTV are have a big sale on their A5 stamp sets - all are currently £10 - the two sets I used are no longer in the store so if you do fancy anything grab them now whilst they are still available.  

10 comments:

Leanne said...

Great card, I like snow globes in real and this is so pretty, have a great day, Hugs, L

Heather said...

What a super cute snowglobe - your coloring is perfect! And that patterned paper in the background is just right - great choice! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Helen said...

This is a great snowglobe and you've made a beautiful card.

Thanks for having me as a Guest Chick again this week.

Helen x

Inkyfingers said...

What a delightful festive card, Denise! I love your gorgeous snowglobe which you have coloured so beautifully, and the background paper is perfect for it.
Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.
Hugs
Carol x

Karen Letchworth said...

What a gorgeous and unique card, Denise. Thanks so much for sharing your time and talents with us at The Four Seasons Challenge. We appreciate your participation and hope to have you share with us again soon.

Just Peachy Stamping said...

What an awesome card! I love that there are different scenes for the snow globe. Your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday! I hope to see you back for our next challenge. Sue - DT

Susan said...

That's a great snowglobe card! Love the snowflake background. Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth.

laurie said...

Love your snowglobe! Thanks for joining us at ATSM!!!

Helen said...

Me again!

Thanks for joining us at the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge too.

Helen x
DT

Larissa said...

Gorgeous card and very lovely colouring. Thanks so much for joining us at the Ayli challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa