My Lovely Followers

Thursday 8 February 2024

Just Us Girls challenge #713

Good Morning lovely friends.  I hope you've had a great week so far.  I'm here with my second card as guest designer for the Just Us Girls challenge and this week is 'Word Prompt' week.  
The Word Prompt for this challenge is 'LOVE' so of course it would be perfect for your Valentine's cards but it can be for any type of love.  
I received some new goodies from Clearly Besotted Stamps and was itching to use them so I made a Valentine's card.  Here is my card:
A close up of the adorable image:

I also decorated the inside:
I began by stamping the cute bear envelope image on to a white card panel measuring 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" and then also stamped him onto some masking paper.  I took a heart stencil and stencilled over the mask with red ink.  Once I removed the mask I coloured the image with Promarkers and then added some highlights with a white gel pen.  I always forget about my masking paper but it's so effective to mask an image and I must do it more often.  I did stamp a couple of hearts from the stamp set in black ink but I didn't like them so I covered them with red sequins which I think looks much better.  I heat embossed a sentiment from the stamp set with white embossing powder and cut it out with my trimmer.  I matted the white panel onto a red panel and then again onto a black panel using double sided tape.  This was then added to the card blank with double sided tape.  For the inside I ink blended around the edge of a white panel with the red ink, stamped the sentiment in black ink and the bear envelope image in a light grey ink.  Again this was matted onto red and black card and adhered to the card blank with double sided tape.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

As You Like It challenge - digi or physical stamps (I didn't have a printer for a long while so converted to clear stamps and I love them and now that is all I use)
Aud Sentiments challenge - use dies and/or love themed
CAS on Friday challenge - Valentine (1 entry only)
CRAFT challenge - love/Valentine
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG must include an animal
Creative Inspirations challenge - someone you love/special friend
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Double D challenge - heartfelt
Incy Wincy challenge - Valentine/love and/or no pictures
Pearly Sparkles challenge - love/have a heart
Simply Create Too challenge - include a heart
Stamping Sensations challenge - animals, birds or creatures
Stencil Fun challenge - ATG using a stencil option love/hearts
Sweet Stampin' challenge - Valentine's/Galentine's day
Try It On Tuesday challenge - hearts and/or flowers

Wow that is a lot of challenges!  I don't normally enter so many with one card but there are so many love/heart challenges around (of course) that it would be rude not too.  I think I've checked all the rules but if I've missed anything and gone against any rules please delete me.  

I'm sure this will be a popular challenge and I cannot wait to see what you create.  Please pop over to the challenge blog and check out all the amazing creations by the Design Team.  I'll be back in a little while with my card for this week's Krafty Chicks challenge.  Until then thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 

card ingredients:
Clearly Besotted Stamps - Sending love stamp
Clearly Besotted Stamps - Feeling sentimental stamp (for inside greeting) retired
Clearly Besotted Stamps - have a heart stencil
Gina K Designs ink pads - red velvet, soft stone and white pigment ink cube
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card
Promarkers
Versafine onyx black ink 
Sakura white gelly roll no. 10 pen
red card from scraps bin

25 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

This is such a beautiful creation. Simple and so pretty. Thanks for joining my challenge at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card inside and out,love the stencilled hear and cute little bear.Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams. Pearly Sparkles, Stamping Sensations.
Carol DTx

Lisa Elton said...

Love this sweet little bear popping out of the envelope! Cute card, Denise!

brenda said...

A really sweet and romantic creation. Many thanks for following our Romance theme at We Love Stamping and Anything Goes at Stamping Sensations.

B x

Chris said...

A sweet Valentines card, love the design and the cute little bear in the envelope, beautifully decorated inside too. Thanks for joining in our challenges at Stamping Sensations and also at Sweet Stampin'
Chris
x

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That little bear in the envelope is absolutely adorable! Great job with the masking and stenciling and your coloring on the bear is so perfect.

cm said...

Echoing the others: your little bear is adorable! Such a sweet card to let someone know they're very much loved.
~carol

Sheryl said...

I love the simplicity of this design - so effective.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a sweet image Denise, and so beautifully used here - I do love your red sequins :) Thank you for entering our challenge at We Love Stamping this month, and using the theme
Blessings
Maxine WLS DT

Ina G said...

Simply gorgeous Denise. Love the layout and so love that cute bear.

Meggymay said...

An adorable sweet image on this card. Thank you for sharing with our theme at TioT's .
Yvonne

My name is Erika. said...

What a cute little bear Denise. I like this card. It gets right t the point. Thanks for joining us at TIOT. hugs-Erika

Francesca said...

Simply gorgeous! Love this card! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!

Dawn Woods said...

Aww this so so cute, Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cardz 4 Galz - Dawn W

Christina Panetsou said...

Beautiful work! Thank you for playing with us at CRAFT challenge.

Bobby said...

That little bear is so cute, Denise, and masking him to add the stenciled heart was such a great idea.

Donna Phelan said...

So stinking cute, super sweet! Love how you finished the inside as well! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Heartfelt Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Jane Savage said...

So adorable, Denise! Great colouring and ink blending!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

Ellen said...

Great card! Your colouring is perfect. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi
Super cute card. Thank you for joining in at MAWTT challenge.
Best wishes.
Ang

Brenda said...

This is an absolutely darling card! Love that little teddy. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at As You Like It Challenge and CRAFT Challenge!

Larissa said...

Very cute card with a really sweet image. Thanks so much for joining us at the Ayli challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

Billie A said...

Your card is so sweet. Awesome design and coloring. So glad you shared over at Cardz 4 Galz, Aud Sentiments

crafty said...

A sweet card. Thank you for joining in the aud Sentiments challenge.
Mary

Amanda Jayne Designs said...

What an adorable card! Love how’ve you’ve decorated the inside too to match the front :)