My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 3 April 2024

Spring Into Card Making IG Hop - week 4

Hello my lovely friends and happy Hump Day.  It's Week 4 of the Spring Into Card Making IG Hop organised by my lovely friend Kelly and this time we are all about spring.  Each week we will be sharing a themed card focusing on the joys of spring.  If our hop inspires you please use the hashtag #2024springintocardmakinghop to join in the fun.  
This week our inspiration prompt is 'April showers bring'.  You can create anything you like whatever this photo conjures up for you.  I went the obvious route (as I was running late with my card) and my card is April showers bring May flowers.  Here is my card:
A close up of my cute images:
As always I decorated the inside:
I began by stamping the umbrellas onto alcohol marker friendly card and coloured them with Promarkers, adding a few highlights with a white gelly roll pen.  I used the matching dies to cut them out (I also cut some extra umbrellas in white card so that I could layer them up for extra dimension).  I die cut 6 of the tiny flowers from 2 shades of purple cardstock and for the raindrops I coloured a white piece of card with a very light grey Promarker and cut 3 small and 3 large.  I cut a panel of lilac dotted paper to 4" x 5 1/4" and die cut a scalloped rectangle from white card.  I stamped my sentiment in black ink.  I added the patterned paper to the card base with double sided tape and the scalloped rectangle was adhered with foam tape.  I arranged the umbrellas, placed the flowers on top and added the raindrops all with liquid glue.  I added a dot of white gelly roll pen to the centres of the flowers and also added some shimmer pen over the raindrops but it's difficult to tell in the photos.  For the inside I cut a piece of white card 4" x 5 1/4" and took two strips of patterned paper cut to 4" x 1" and added them to the top and bottom of the panel with double sided tape.  I cut and coloured one extra umbrella and added that the bottom right hand corner with liquid glue.  I didn't add a sentiment as I thought I could use this card for multiple occasions and will add one later.  A fairly simple layout and limited supplies but it turned out quite cute I think.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges: 

Addicted to CAS challenge - rain
Addicted to Stamps & More challenge - die cuts and/or stencil
A Place To Start challenge - ATG optional twist add 1 or more flowers
Aud Sentiments challenge - watercolour and/or spring + sentiment (certainly been lots of rain this spring)
Creative Inspirations challenge - the season of spring
I Love Promarkers challenge - ATG option add a button
Incy Wincy Designs challenge - inspired by a movie/song/book and/or sketch - 'singing in the rain'
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - whatever the weather
Passion for Markers challenge - monochrome (entering for fun!)

I would love it if you would pop over to Instagram and see the amazing work by all the other crafters taking part in the hop.  Please use the hashtag #2024springintocardmakinghop to find us and also so that we can find your creation if you are inspired to take part.  

I'll be back again with you tomorrow with my card for the Krafty Chicks challenge so please pop by and check it out.  As always I appreciate the comments you leave and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 

card ingredients:
Clearly Besotted Stamps - April showers stamp & die (magazine freebie from 2020)
Promarkers
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card
patterned paper from scraps bin
Versafine - onyx black ink
Scalloped rectangle dies from de-stash page - unbranded

7 comments:

Ella's Design said...

Love the CAS design and pretty lilac colour tones on this fab card, Denise!
Nice to see you playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week, Lisa x

SarahR said...

Hi Denise, have wandered by as part of the Passion for Markers DT and to say thanks for joining in with my Monochrome challenge with this fabulous card! Great design and I love your colour choice, Sarah

Aunty Sue said...

How awesome r these Denise

Toni said...

Hi Denise! This card is perfect for the Rain challenge. SO much detail yes still simple. Love!

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Such a pretty CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT

foleysfriend said...

Love the monochromatic feel of your card and your use of the white gel pen. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Suze said...

Lovely card Denise.
Thank you for entering the Inspired by Movie/Song/Book and/or Sketch Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.