My Lovely Followers

Thursday 4 April 2024

Krafty Chicks Challenge #710 - stamps

Hello friends; I hope you're having a great week so far.  I'm back to share my card for this week's Krafty Chicks challenge.  As it's the start of the month we are back to Week 1 which is 'stamps' so we would like to see a stamp/digi on your project. 
I was my mother's birthday yesterday so this is the card I made for my sons to give to her using a new stamp set.  Here is my card:
a closer look at the cute image:
plus I decorated the inside:
I began by creating my shaped card base.  I took a piece of 12"x12" card and folded it in half and placed the largest hexagonal die slightly over the fold of the card and ran it through my die cutting machine.  My card was 250gsm so it cut through the two layers without any issue.  I then took the next size die and cut it from some hot pink card and the next size down from patterned paper.  I then cut another pink panel with a slightly smaller die and used the next size down to cut out my image.  At this point I felt the margins between the dies was too large so using my paper trimmer I made the pink panels a little smaller.  I coloured the image with Promarkers and added some highlights with a white gel pen.  I adhered each of the layers together with double sided tape; adding the largest one to the card base with double sided tape also.  For the image panel I used foam tape for some extra dimension.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink onto white card and die cut it out with a small circle.  I used a slightly larger circle to cut out a pink mat layer and adhered them together with double sided tape.  This is adhered onto the edge of the image panel with more double sided tape.  (In case you were wondering, I live in the South Wales valleys and we use Mam in the same way as you would use Mom/Mum.  When my nephew was born he used to copy us and call his grandmother Mam and it just stuck for all the grandchildren).  For the inside I cut the same two largest panels, one from pink and one from white, again trimming the pink one down a little.  I stamped the sentiment in the centre and a portion of the image in a light grey ink and then adhered the panels with double sided tape.  This was then added to the card base with double sided tape.  I really like the different card shape and it was simple to make, even with all the fussing of cutting down the layers, but at least they were straight edges lol).  I hope you like it.  The finished card size is approximately 5 1/4" x 6 1/2" so I had to make a custom envelope using my envelope punch board.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps & More challenge - die cut and/or stencils
A Place To Start challenge - ATG option add one or more flowers
As You Like It challenge - cute or floral (I love both but I think I reach for the cute images more often)
Beautiful Blossoms challenge - anything floral goes
Classic Design challenge - ATG option 4 legged friends
Crafty Animals challenge - must include an animal
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Double D challenge - cute little animals
I Love Promarkers challenge - ATG option add a button
Sweet Stampin' challenge - birthday girls 
The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge - bunnies and/or chicks
Triple B challenge - must include birds, butterflies or blooms 

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'stamps' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer for April, Rachelle

Thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 
Promarkers
Clearly Besotted Stamps - happy birthday all (retired)
Honey Bee Stamps - inside: birthday sentiments
Tonic Studios - circles layering basics dies
Gina K Designs - soft stone ink pad
Versafine - onyx black ink pad
Memento - tuxedo black ink pad
pink card from stash
Hexagon dies - I bought them from a de-stash site but didn't realise they were not branded

14 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Awww...Denise, this is so adorable! I love the shape and the "spring" feel! Awesome xoxoox Have a wonderful week!

Leanne said...

Wonderful friend, love the shape and of course, the stamp, makes me smile, the paper you used is pretty, have a great day! Hugs, L

Rachelle Oltean said...

I LOVE shaped cards and this one is beautiful! The layers are spot on and everything works together perfectly! Thanks for letting me join the “Chicks” for an extended stay!

Diane said...

An adorably cute cute card and a fabulous shape too!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B, Double D, The Sisterhood of Crafters and Beautiful Blossoms!
Diane TB, DD Co-Owner and TSH, BB DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Donna Walls said...

Adorable little field mouse and I love his/her expression. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

stampinwithanita said...

Just a darling image and such a unique card! I am sure your mom with just love it. Thank you for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, this is the cutest little bunny! I want to jump through the screen and give him a hug. Beautifully done! Thank you for sharing with us at Double D!

Izzy Scrap said...

OMG, this little bunny is so darn cute ! Love your shape card and the whole design you've made. Absolutely adorable ! I'm sure your mother loved her card. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at ATSM.

Donna Phelan said...

Adorbs! What a super sweet card! Love that adorable image and the shape--super cool! Happy Birthday to your Mom! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Cute Little Critters Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

Pamela said...

this is such an adorable card that you've shared with us at C4galz for animal cards. TY for sharing

Toni said...

so very cute!!

Helen said...

A really cute stamp and card, Denise and I love the shape too.

Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Dawn Phillips said...

Adorable. I love your colouring. It's beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

Zw@@n said...

Such an adorable card! I like the shape and that image is so cute and beautfully coloured. Thank you for joining us at As you Like It. xx Wilma