My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 9 April 2024

Birthday card for Mother

Hello friends; I hope you've had a great start to your week.  The weather here in South Wales has been awful, so much rain and really windy but we've been lucky compared to some areas of the country, although it does seem that we've had rain for 10 years lol!  

It was my lovely mother's birthday last week so I thought I would share the card I made for her.  I went for a shabby chic vibe with muted colours.  I hope you like it.  
Here is my card:
a closer look at the images:
I decorated the inside:
I began by stamping the images in a soft beige ink and coloured them in muted colours of Promarkers.  I used the matching dies to cut them out.  I cut a piece of white card 4 3/4" x 6 3/4" and used an embossing folder to add some texture.  I matted the white panel onto a slightly larger pink panel with double sided tape.  I die cut a postage stamp panel and cut it up to make individual postage stamps.  I used my Promarkers to colour the edges, stamped a script background stamp over the postage stamps and also used a distressed background stamp to add some 'franking' marks to my postage stamps.  I also stamped some postage value and postage word stamps in black ink.  I added my images with foam squares and also added the postage stamps to my panel with foam squares.  I die cut a stitched strip banner and stamped my greeting in black ink; this was also added to the panel with foam squares (lots of dimension as I knew I would be hand delivering my card).  I adhered the panel to my card base with double sided tape and finished off with some gold pearls.  For the inside I added the same script background just around the edges of my panel and stamped my sentiment in the centre with black ink (I didn't realise it was off centre until now lol!).  As I had a few images left over I added them in a cluster in the bottom left corner with liquid glue.  I again matted the white panel onto pink card and adhered this to the card base with double sided tape.  I don't normally do shabby chic/vintage style cards but I'm happy with the finished result and most importantly my mother loved it.  The finished card is 5" x 7".

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps & More challenge - die cuts and/or stencils
A Place to Start challenge - ATG optional twist add one or more flowers
Beautiful Blossoms challenge - anything floral goes optional mood board
Can You Handle the Pressure challenge - must use an embossing folder optional twist - birds
My Time to Craft challenge - butterflies and/or dragonflies
Sweet Stampin' challenge - birthday girls
Triple B challenge - must include at least one bird, butterfly or blooms
Unicorn challenge - use a die

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.  I am so grateful for all the visits and comments on my blog.  I'll be back again tomorrow so hopefully you will be able to pop back again.  

Love and hugs, 

Card ingredients:
Gina K Designs - vintage summer stamp & die set
Gina K Designs - Master Layouts 14 
Gina K Designs - spring friends stamp set (for postage values and words)
Gina K Designs - lovely lace stamp set (for main sentiment)
Gina K Designs - ink pad - sandy beach
Promarkers
Honey Bee Stamps - Inside: birthday sentiments
MFT - romantic script background stamp
Inkylicious - worn paint background stamp (for 'franking' marks)
Versafine - onyx black ink pad
pink card from stash

7 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Denise: Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous Mother's Day card at MTTC!!! It's very lovely to have the butterfly fluttering there at the bottom corner and having all the beautiful leaves and flowers near it! The texture and layout design are terrific, too!!--Becca

Chris said...

hat's a beautiful birthday card for your Mother, I love the postage theme and fabulous embossing.
Thank you for joining in at Crafty Calendar and Sweet Stampin' Challenges.
Chris
x

Diane said...

Wow, absolutely gorgeous!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B and Colorful Options!
Diane TB Co-Owner and CO DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Diane said...

Me again, thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at CYHTP!
Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}

Vickie Y said...

Beautifully designed! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

Helen said...

Just beautiful, Denise - love the colours and your card layout.

Thanks for joining us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Donna Walls said...

Wow Denise, this is a stunning birthday card! I would love receiving this from my daughter, Thanks for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge