My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 10 April 2024

Spring Into Card Making IG Hop - Week 5

Hello friends; I hope you're having a great day.  I'm back to share this week's card for the Spring Into Card Making IG Hop, which has been organised by my lovely friend Kelly.  Each week we will be sharing a themed card focusing on the joys of spring.  If our hop inspires you please use the hashtag #2024springintocardmakinghop to join in the fun.  
This week our inspiration is 'tea party' so grab all your stamps and dies with a tea theme and join in the fun.  I love this image and have used it quite a few times before but it was perfect for this week's theme.  
Here is my card:
a close up of the image:
plus I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a white panel 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" and using the fun teacup stencil and some yellow ink created my background.  I matted this onto a black panel cut to 4" x 5 1/4".  I stamped the girl image and coloured her with Promarkers (+ 1 tri-blend marker) before using the matching die to cut her out.  I added some white highlights with a gelly roll pen.  I used a die to cut a lacey oval from vellum and added my image on top with foam squares; this was then adhered to the panel with liquid glue (making sure to only add it behind the image so that it wouldn't show through the vellum).  I stamped the sentiment in the lower right corner in black ink.  I finished with a few pastel pearls.  For the inside I masked a small portion at the bottom of the white panel and used the same stencil and ink to create a coordinating border.  I stamped a sentiment in black ink in the centre.  Once again I matted the panel onto a black panel and added it to the card base with double sided tape.  A fairly simple, bright and colourful card.

I would like to add my card into the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps & More challenge - die cut and/or stencil (I used both)
Color Throwdown challenge - pink/green/yellow
Dream Valley challenge - spring colours
Fab 'n' Funky challenge - add a sentiment
Get Creative challenge - April Fool's Day (use a joke or punny sentiment)
I love Promarkers challenge - ATG option add a button
Inkspirational challenge - fold (I attempted to add folds to the dress)
Inspired By challenge - umbrellas (I was inspired by the colours)
Stamping Sensations challenge - spring mood board (inspired by the colours)
Stencil Fun challenge - must use a stencil option spring/flowers
Tic Tac Toe challenge - spring colours/free/stencil

I would love it if you would pop over to Instagram and see the amazing work by all the other crafters taking part in the hop.  Please use the hashtag #2024springintocardmakinghop to find us and also so that we can find your creation if you are inspired to take part.  

I'll be back again with you tomorrow with my card for the Krafty Chicks challenge so please pop by and check it out.  As always I appreciate the comments you leave and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 

Card ingredients:
Stamping Bella - curvy girl loves tea
Visible Image - tea party stencil
Spellbinders - lacey oval dies
Promarkers (+ 1 tri-blend marker)
Clearly Besotted Stamps - simply said birthday (for inside sentiment)
Gina K Designs - wild dandelion ink pad
Gina K Designs - pearl mix - rainbow
Stampin' Up! - card stock vellum
Versafine - onyx black ink pad
Hobbycraft - A4 luxury black card
Memento - tuxedo black ink pad

6 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the image with that sentiment - par-tea! Thanks for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams :)

Mrs.B said...

A great card, love the image and co-ordinating background.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations. Avril x

Diane said...

Fabulous card with the perfect stenciled background!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Catie Cuddles said...

That’s such a cute stenciled background - works well with the rest of the card.
Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

PS sorry I am a little late in visiting

Pat K said...

Great card with the cutest sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

anne said...

Such a fabulous fun card, thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
Anne SSW2-DT