My Lovely Followers

Thursday 11 April 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #711 - Christmas

Hello friends; I hope you're having a great week.  I'm here today to share my DT card for this week's Krafty Chicks challenge.  As we are on Week 2 we are looking for all your Christmas or holiday themed creations.  

I went for a traditional style card this time and used some silhouette stamps against an ink blended background.  Here is my card:
a closer look at my scene:
I decorated the inside as always:
I began by cutting my panel of white card to 4" x 5 1/4" (although I did trim it down slightly later on).  I created some masks for the moon and under the trees/houses so that they would remain white (to create the curved edge I traced along the edge of the stamp so that my mask would match perfectly).  I took 4 ink colours and created my ink blended night sky.  Once the blend has dried a little I removed the masks.   I then took the silhouette stamps and stamped them multiple times (using my Misti) with black ink.  I took the sentiments from the same stamp set and also stamped them in black ink more towards the right hand side of the white portion of the card.  I added some white highlights to my Santa & sleigh and also some snow (or stars) to the background with a white gelly roll pen.  I added the white panel to a black mat with double sided tape and then added this to the card blank with foam tape.  For the inside I stamped the trees/houses border at the very bottom of my panel and added a sentiment in black ink.  Again this was matted with a black panel and added to my card base with double sided tape.  I'm really happy with my ink blending and really pleased with the finished card.  I hope you like it too.  

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

ABC Christmas challenge - I is for inky (I ink blended my background)
Christmas Craft Creations challenge - non traditional colours
Christmas Kickstart challenge - Santa and his sidekicks
CRAFT challenge - inspired by a movie (Santa Claus the movie)
Merry Little Christmas challenge - anything Christmas goes
Peace on Earth Christmas challenge - mood board or anything Christmas goes
Sparkles Christmas challenge - non traditional colours
The Holly & The Ivy challenge - anything Christmas goes

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'Christmas' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer for April, Rachelle

Thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 
Card ingredients:
Gina K Designs - ink pads - plum punch, tranquil teal, blue denim, in the navy
Gina K Designs - masking magic sheets
Spellbinders - standard circles large dies (for moon mask)
Paula Pascual - Christmas messages (for inside sentiment)
Versafine - onyx black ink

17 comments:

Lori Turner said...

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Denise! I love this scene - takes me back to when I was a little girl waitin' on Santa xoxoxoox

Lia said...

A beautiful silhouet scenery. I like this a lot!!
Lia DT POE

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A delightful card
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful! Your graduated colouring of the sky is perfect, and I love the big moon too. Thanks for joining Helen and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Sheryl said...

You have created a beautiful scene Denise.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hey Denise! Silhouette Christmas cards are my absolute favorites and this design is perfect! You took it over the top with your well-designed interior.!

Kerry Charles said...

A stunning Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week. Kerry (DT)

Nancy said...

A wonderful winter scene! Thanks for playing along with us at AAAColourful!

Leanne said...

Wonderful, very nicely laid out, love me a scene and it is great, awesome friend, hugs, L

Tee said...

A beautiful background and scene!

Helen said...

A beautiful scene, Denise - great card and I love the coordinating decoration inside too.

Thanks for joining us at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

Helen x
April Guest Elf

Anita van Deur said...

Very cute scene and I love it!. Thanks for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge!
Anita DT (The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge)

Arlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love your sky.

Inkyfingers said...

What a beautiful inky sky and you have created such a peaceful festive design. I love that you made the inside look as good as the outside too!
Thanks for sharing with is at ABC Christmas Challenges.
Hugs,
Carol x

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

It’s not often we can catch Santa in the sky but you did! I love these night time scenes with some stars shining bright. And I think it’s great to decorate the inside too. Very simple yet pretty!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.

Debbie said...

Wow, what a beautiful card. The scene and colours used are perfect too. Thanks for joining in with us at Sparkles Christmas. Hugs Debs DT x