My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 17 April 2024

Spring Into Card Making IG Hop - Week 6

Hello friends; I hope you're having a great day.  I'm back to share this week's card for the Spring Into Card Making IG Hop, which has been organised by my lovely friend Kelly.  Each week we will be sharing a themed card focusing on the joys of spring.  If our hop inspires you please use the hashtag #2024springintocardmakinghop to join in the fun.  
This week's inspiration prompt is 'spring into action' so we want to see something interactive on your cards this week; even if it's just an action wobbler.  If interactive cards are not your things we would love to see your spring themed cards.  I originally made a card with an action wobbler but I didn't love it so decided to make another; the second card is a tent style card with a swinging action.  I hope you like it.
Here is my card:

A closer look at the cute images:

There is no inside as such so I decorated the back:
It's not a very good photo but I wanted to show you the side view:

The basic size of the card is a regular US A2 (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") so I made my card base from white card and then cut a smaller piece 4 1/4" x 2" to create the 'W' for the inside using my score board to score at every 1/2" (I hope that makes sense).  Before sticking everything together I cut a rectangle from the front of the card so that I could make my scene.  I also created a background piece using cloud and grass stencils and adhered it to the inside of the card with double sided tape.  I stamped 2 monkeys, some branches and some bananas and coloured them with Promarkers; I then used the matching dies to cut them out.  I know you can buy the swinging mechanisms but to be honest I very rarely make these types of cards so had a go at making my own.  I cut a thin strip of acetate and punched a small hole in the top.  I die cut 6 smaller circles from white card and adhered them together with liquid glue.  By placing the smaller circles inside the acetate circle will enable my monkey to swing.  To keep it all together I punched 2 larger white circles and enclosed it all together.  I did have to trim my acetate a little to enable it to swing freely and also so that it wouldn't show behind the monkey.  I cut some green card using a scalloped die and added this to the top of the rectangle on the inside so that it would hide my mechanism.  I'm sorry if my instructions are not clear; I didn't think to take step by step photos as I wasn't sure it would even work lol!  I'm sure if you check Pinterest you will find some instructions there.  I added my branches, monkeys and bananas and then stamped my sentiment (which was made up of 2 different stamp sets).  As there is no traditional inside of the card I decorated the back with another stencilled panel and also added another monkey.  I haven't added a sentiment yet but will do that when I know who I am sending the card to.  I adhered the panel with double sided tape.  I then finished the card by adding the 'W' to each side of the card (using extra strong tape) to make it stand up (although it is a little bowed as I didn't take into account the extra bulk of the swing mechanism).  I didn't feel the need to add any embellishments as there was so much going on.  I really hope you like it.  I did take a short video and if you want to see it swing please pop over to my Instagram. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

As You Like It challenge - cute or floral (I love cute animal images and they suit all ages)
Creative Creases challenge - ATG with a fun fold
CRAFT challenge - inspired by a movie (jungle book)
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG must include an animal
Crafty Catz challenge - ATG option any cute critter
Creative Moments challenge - cute and cuddly
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Fab 'n' Funky challenge - add a sentiment
I love Promarkers challenge - ATG option shapes
Incy Wincy Designs challenge - inspired by a song/book or movie (jungle book)
Inkspirational challenge - word prompt FOLD
Simply Create Too challenge - more than one fold
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - make your own background
Stencil Fun challenge - Anything stencil goes option spring/flowers
The Cutie Pie challenge - simply cuties
Tic Tac Toe challenge - stencil/die cut/critter
Tic Tac Toe Challenge #245

I would love it if you would pop over to Instagram and see the amazing work by all the other crafters taking part in the hop.  Please use the hashtag #2024springintocardmakinghop to find us and also so that we can find your creation if you are inspired to take part.  

I'll be back again with you tomorrow with my card for the Krafty Chicks challenge so please pop by and check it out.  As always I appreciate the comments you leave and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 


card ingredients:
Heffy Doodle - Chimply the best stamp & die set
Gina K Designs - Easter blessing stamp set (for part of sentiment)
Gina K Designs - ink pads - sea glass and grass green
MFT - mini cloud edges stencil
Spellbinders - standard circles large dies (for larger circles in my mechanism)
Clearly Besotted Stamps - scalloped edges die collection
Promarkers
Versafine - onyx black ink pad
green card from stash

9 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Den! Jo x

Julia Aston said...

What a fun scene you created with your tent card and sweet monkeys (so wonderfully colored) AND it has a swinging mechanism as well (I really don't understand what you did for that so will have to go googling!) Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Fold! Julia xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous card
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

Chris said...

This is so cute! Love the tent fold design and those cheeky little monkeys, such fun.
Thanks for sharing at Fab'n' Funky.
Chris
x

Catie Cuddles said...

What a fun card. Beautifully created.
Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and more.
Happy crafting!
Catherine X DT

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Oh my goodness! I love this card - that swinging mechanism is so clever - and his "scene" is awesome! Thank you for sharing your beautiful project with us this week at the Creative Creases Fun Fold Challenge! Hope you’ll come back soon!

Debbie Mageed said...

What an adorable tent card, Denise! Those monkeys look like they are having lots of fun and are colored perfectly. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

anne said...

Such a lovely, fun and cute card. Monkeys are perfect for swing cards. Thank you for sharing it with us at Critter Crazy Challenge.
Anne - CCDT

Furrbster said...

This is such a cute, and fun, interactive card!!

Thanks for playing along at MAWTT, I Love Promarkers AND also Creative Moments,

Hugz Tinz