My Lovely Followers

Sunday 1 October 2023

Scrapping4fun challenge - GDT card

Hello again friends; I'm back with my second card for today.  I hope you have a fun and relaxing day before the hustle and bustle of the brand new week.  

I'm joining the Scrapping4fun challenge this month as a guest designer and their theme is a fun one - 'fruits and/or veggies'.  


I wanted to use a brand new die set that I had just received so went with fruit for my card:


a close up of my image:


I decorated the inside:


and the Promarkers I used:


Even though I knew what die set I wanted to use I wasn't sure what image to use.  I was rooting around my stash for something else and came across this older Greeting Farm image which was perfect for my card.  I stamped her with memento ink, coloured her with Promarkers and added some white gel pen highlights.  I fussy cut her out and put her to one side whilst I did my die cutting.  I made a card base from white card using the larger die and then cut it again from red card for my mat.  The layer panel was cut with the matching smaller die from white card and I also used a lattice embossing folder for some interest.  The outer apple mat was again cut from red card and the inner piece was cut with white card; I also used a splatter stamp with red ink for some interest on this piece.  The sentiment was stamped with black ink to the left hand side and the image was added with thin foam squares to the right side of the apple.  I die cut one green leaf for the top of my apple and a final touch was 3 red sequins.  The finished card size is just a smidge smaller than 5 1/2" x 5 1/2".  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More challenge - die cuts and/or stencils
Little Red Wagon challenge - layer upon layer
Shopping Our Stash challenge - colour me beautiful (I used Promarkers) - 13 challenges max
The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge - shapes (I've used lots of die cut shapes)
Can You Handle the Pressure challenge - ATG embossing option bees/beehive 
Seize the Birthday challenge - ATG (no topping this time)

Please pop over to the Scrapping4fun challenge blog for all the details/rules and to see the amazing creations from the design team.  I hope you will find the time to enter the challenge and cannot wait to see all you fruits and veggies.  

Thanks for stopping by and see you all soon.  

Love and hugs, 



card ingredients:

The Greeting Farm - Lottie stamp
Spellbinders - perfect pie sentiments & fillings stamp set (for sentiment) - on sale!
Taylored Expressions - splatter background stamp
Gina K Designs - lattice embossing folder
Gina K Designs - red velvet ink pad
Gina K Designs - Breath of Sunshine card kit (for leaf die) (it's sold out but items will be available individually soon)
Gina K Designs - birthday cheer stamp set (for inside sentiment)

the basics:
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card
Promarkers
Sakura - white gelly roll 10 pen
Versafine onyx black ink (for sentiments)
Memento tuxedo black ink (to stamp image)
red and green card from my scrap bin

7 comments:

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful shape card and I love the cute image and die cuts.
Thank you for your GD Creation at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Hugs Rachelle
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com
https://rachellescreations.blogspot.com

Lia said...

What a great shaped card. I like it very much.
Lia DT TSOC

Linda said...

What a sweet little image, with so much dimension. Pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

JanR said...

Perfect image for these fun shapes! Loving the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon again.

Darlene said...

I KNOW I've already commented on this card because it really caught my attention but here I go again!
FABULOUS shape and the design/coloring are amazing! LOVE IT! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters & Can You Handle the Pressure challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Owner
Sisterhood of Crafters
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

dj said...

Another great entry for our coloring challenge!! You got this coloring thing down!! And you havae great detail images...perfect for our "Color Me Beautiful" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Way to go shopping your stash! Glad you joined the fun and played along with us!! Deb Horst, DT #SOS506

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the shape and cute image
Carol x