My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 4 October 2023

Falling for Wednesdays IG Hop - Week 7

Happy Wednesday friends; I hope you've had a great week so far.  I'm back with my card for the Falling for Wednesdays IG Hop organised by my lovely friend Kelly.  It is Week 7 and this week is the last week of this hop but don't be sad we'll be back very soon with a Winter Wonderland Hop.  This week's theme is 'BOO-tiful' and we want to see all things Halloween.  

I don't really make Halloween cards as none of my family really celebrates the occasion so I decided to make some fun Halloween inspired sour cream containers.  I'm sorry but my post is photo heavy so scroll through if you don't want to see them all.  Here are my cute containers:
here they are individually:




a close up of the cute images:



I began by making the containers.  I used 4 sheets of patterned paper in 2 different colours and cut them to 5 1/2" x 6 1/2".  I've made these before so knew what to do but if you're not sure there are loads of tutorials on Pinterest and YouTube.  Typically I couldn't find my paper crimper to crimp the edges (isn't it always the case when you need something) so just left them plain on the bottom.  For the top I punched 2 holes with my Crop-a-dile (another hunt around the craft room first though) and tied some ribbon in a knot before wrapping some black twine in a bow to secure and make it look pretty.  I didn't have any lime green or orange ribbon so I coloured some white ribbon with my Promarkers to match.  

I stamped the 4 adorable images and coloured them with Promarkers; I made sure to leave enough room so that I could cut them out with a circle die (whilst the die was still in place I lightly inked around the edges with a grey ink pad for some definition).  I also cut the matching scallop die with card to co-ordinate with the images.  I didn't have any lime green card so ink blended that one to match before cutting it out.  The sentiments are from the same stamp set; I stamped 2 in black ink and 2 were white heat embossed onto black card.  I added the stamped circles on to the scalloped circles with foam tape and then they were added to the container with double sided tape.  The sentiment was then added on top with double sided tape.  I added a few white gel pen highlights and voila they were done.  

I tied the opening with ribbon because I didn't have any small treats available to fill them with so it means I can undo them and fill them when I'm ready.  

I would like to enter my treat containers into the following challenges:

Crafty Catz challenge - ATG option spots and/or stripes (my paper has spots)
Creative Inspirations challenge - autumn or Halloween
Dream Valley challenge - occasions other than birthday
Fab 'n' Funky challenge - show us some colouring (coloured with Promarkers)
Get Creative challenge - purple, black, green and orange 
Shopping Our Stash challenge - colour me beautiful - 13 challenges max
Tic Tac Toe challenge - purple, orange, black/purple, witch, embossing/free, orange, embossing/free, broom, black
Unicorn challenge - autumn and/or Halloween
We Love Stamping challenge - mood board (I was inspired by the colours)
I hope you will be able to join us over at Instagram and check out the hop.  Please use the hashtag #ffwcardgroup2023 to find all the creations by the participants of the hop and if you want to join in we can find your makes too.  

Enjoy the rest of your day and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 



card ingredients:

MFT - fab-BOO-lous friends stamp set (bought new from a store on eBay)
Spellbinders - standard circles large dies
Spellbinders - classic scalloped circles large dies
Gina K Designs - key lime and stormy sky ink pads
card, ribbon and twine from my stash
Promarkers
Memento tuxedo black ink pad (to stamp images)
Versafine onyx black ink (for sentiments)
Sakura - white gelly roll 10 pen

11 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Like you I don't do Halloween but this project is top notch a great way to give treats the little cutie images and great colours and design are just ACE thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping
hugs
lolo x

Mynn xx said...

These are totally fabulous! LOVE the fun patterns you've used, and the images are just darling! Sending crafty HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Makira said...

๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’š these! These containers are too much fun! Love the patterned paper offset with the bright colors! Too cute! Thank you for playing with us at the Colorful Options Challenge! Cheers, Makira

brenda said...

These are a great Halloween alternative and fun at the same time, many thanks for being inspired by our mood board at We Love Stamping October challenge.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

ADORABLE treat boxes!!! So cute and fun!! Love so much your colouring and how you lightly blended the edges of the circles.
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!!

Aunty Sue said...

Denise these are fabulous and always forget to do these as such good shapes to hold some sweets. Thanks for sharing this week at Crafty Catz

dj said...

I am loving your little treats!! Fantastic coloring on each one...you have been busy!! Your little Halloween critters are perfect for our "Color Me Beautiful" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Way to go shopping your stash! Glad you joined the fun and played along with us!! Deb Horst, DT #SOS506

Pat K said...

WOW, these are fabulous treat bags, coloured beautifully and very creative. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

Doris P. said...

Oh is this cute! I love them all! Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenge.

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Love your Halloween containers Denise. They are so cute and colourful. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT

Mervi said...

Fabulous creations, lovely!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m