My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 10 October 2023

Hexagon tile shaker card

Hello crafty friends; I hope you've had a great start to your week.  I can't believe it's been almost a week since my last post; time flies when you're having fun lol!  

I'm sharing a card I made for my sister-in-law's birthday which was last week.  I saw a lovely card on Pinterest and decided to make my own version including a shaker window.  Here is my card:
a closer look at the details:
I also decorated the inside:
and also the back of the card:
I began by rooting around my paper pad stash and picked out some designs that I liked and coordinated well together.  I used a hexagon die and cut out 3 of each design (for the front but I cut extras for the inside and back too).  I foolishly embossed my white card before I die cut it so the design did get a little flattened but I still liked the look so rolled with it.  I then arranged my hexagons on my white panel and decided where I wanted my shaker window.  I used the same hexagon die to cut the window and added acetate behind with double sided tape.  Before filling my shaker I adhered all the hexagon pieces with liquid glue and die cut the panel using a stitched rectangle die and I stamped the sentiment in black ink.  I placed foam tape around the window and then found some sequins to match my colour scheme to fill.  The white panel was then adhered to a black card panel.  I found a butterfly that I had already die cut from some glitter card which matched my colours perfectly so added this with liquid glue to the bottom left.  I added some black pearls to the butterfly body and some gold pearls scattered around the card.  The whole thing was then added to my card base with double sided tape.  For the inside I simply added 3 hexagons to the right corner and stamped a sentiment in black ink.  As I had spare card I cut 2 more hexagons for the back of my card and also added my handmade sticker.  An elegant card I think and no colouring at all!!  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Can you handle the pressure challenge - ATG embossing option bees/beehives
Seize the Birthday challenge - repetitive die cuts
Triple B challenge - include birds, butterflies or blooms
NBUS challenge - never used die/embossing folder before

I have quite a few birthdays coming up so hopefully will be back soon with some more inspiration for you.  Thanks for stopping by; I really love reading your comments and appreciate them all. 

Love and hugs, 

Card ingredients:

Honey Bee Stamps - Acorn sisters stamp set (for sister sentiment)
Clearly Besotted Stamps - fabulous fuchsias (for HB sentiment)
Little Things from Lucy's Cards - muted metallics and passion flower sequins for shaker
Tonic Studios - autumn maple 6x6 pearlescent card pad
Honey Bee Stamps - inside birthday sentiments
Gina K Designs - Master Layouts 8 (to die cut the panels)
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card
Hobbycraft - Black A4 card
paper pad ? from Home Bargains (not 100% sure)

4 comments:

Furrbster said...

This is such a great design idea!

Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz

Debbie Mageed said...

What a great birthday shaker card, Denise! I really love the hexagons you used and now realize I don't use mine! Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Darnell said...

You are so good about decorating all sides of your incredible cards, Denise! Your sister is going to be amazed by this cool design and all the sweet details! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Cindy Groh said...

I love this one too.