My Lovely Followers

Sunday 1 October 2023

AAA Birthday challenge #54 - favourite colours

Good morning lovely friends; it's a busy posting day for me today as I have 2 cards to share with you.  For my first post I'm here with my DT card for this month's AAA Birthday challenge and this month our hostess is Sue and she has chosen the theme 'favourite colours'.  Our guest designer this month is Izzy so please pop over to her blog and give her some love.  


For the first 2 weeks of the month we are joining forces with our sister challenge AAA cards whose theme is 'inkblending with 3 or more colours'.  If you take part in both our challenges (with 2 separate cards) you could be in with a chance of winning a prize; please check the blog for all the details.  Please remember theirs is a clean and simple challenge and it can be for any occasion.  


Now I know it's a bit of a cop-out but I love all colours and I don't really have a favourite so I went for 'rainbow' as my favourite colours.  I did follow the theme for the AAA cards theme but I'm not sure if my card is really CAS enough for their challenge.  Here is my card:


a closer look at my cute image:


I also decorated the inside:


I began by stamping the cute bear and coloured him with Promarkers.  I fussy cut him out and put him to one side.  I decided to make a circle card for a change and dug out a die set that I bought from a craft destash group on FB and hadn't used yet and cut my card base with the largest die in the set.  I also die cut the same size circle from white card and ink blended my rainbow of colours around the edge.  I then used a smaller circle and a decorative edge circle to cut out the panel for my image to stand on, again from white card.  I stamped a small sentiment at the bottom of the white circle and added the bear above with foam squares.  3 rainbow pearls and my card was complete.  For the inside I stamped the image with a light grey ink towards the bottom of the circle and added a small sentiment over it with black ink so that it stands out over the grey.  The card size is 5" x 5" in diameter.  

Please pop over to the challenge blog and check out the wonderful creations by the rest of the DT; you will not be disappointed.  If you can please go over to the AAA Cards blog and check out their DT creations too.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More challenge - die cuts and/or stencils
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG (must include an animal)
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG (with featured critter)
Little Red Wagon challenge - layer upon layer
Make My Monday challenge - make your own background (I ink blended my background)
Mix It Up challenge - ATG option make your own background (I ink blended my background)
Shopping Our Stash challenge - colour me beautiful (13 challenges in total)
The Cutie Pie challenge - birthdays and/or bears
The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge - shapes (my card and layers are circles)
Try It On Tuesday challenge - going round in circles

I really hope you have time to enter our challenge this month (and make another card for the AAA Cards challenge too) and I cannot wait to see all your birthday creations.  

Thanks for stopping by; I'll see you again in a little while.   

Love and hugs, 



card ingredients:

LOTV - thanks a bunch (I can't find the rubber stamp so I've linked to the digi)
Little B - circle dies 100381
Clearly Besotted Stamps - mini messages
Gina K Designs ink pads (passionate pink, red hot, sweet mango, wild dandelion, applemint, turquoise sea, blue raspberry, wild lilac and soft stone)
Gina K Designs - rainbow pearl mix
Gina K Designs - birthday cheer stamp set (for the inside sentiment)
Promarkers
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card
Versafine onyx black ink (for sentiments)
Memento tuxedo black ink (to stamp image)

12 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

Aww that's so so sweet

Debbie Mageed said...

What a pretty shaped card, Denise! I love the rainbow background and the sweet bear image. Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Johanna said...

It is nice to see a shaped card and I like how you created your rainbow over it. The little bear is adorable and you made his sweater into another rainbow. Lovely little card. Thanks for joining us at MMM, Johanna DT

Heather said...

So sweet - love the shaped card, and your little bear is adorable, lol. Great blending for the background, too! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Rachel said...

Such a pretty card! I love how you colored that adorable image, and the rainbow around the edge is just perfect!

Lia said...

Your round card is so pretty with this cute bear!!
Lia DT TSOC

JanR said...

Wonderful card! Such a sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

dj said...

Precious!! Fantastic detailed coloring of your little bear!! Your image is perfect for our "Color Me Beautiful" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Way to go shopping your stash! Glad you joined the fun and played along with us!! Deb Horst, DT #SOS506

Billie A said...

So cute. Sweet image and great colors for the background. Thanks for sharing over at Make my Monday

Joan said...

Sweet little bear and I like the circle shape too

Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

Joan

ClaireB said...

What a cute little teddy, great colours too. Thanks for joining us at the Pearly Sparkles challenge this month. Good luck with your entry. Claire DT

Heather said...

Oh your little bear is adorable!! And I love your rainbow circle base; how fun!! Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy Challenge.