My Lovely Followers

Thursday 28 September 2023

Krafty Chicks challenge - GDT card week 4

Happy Thursday friends; I hope your week has been good so far and not too hectic.  I'm back today with my final card as guest chick for the Krafty Chicks challenge.  I have really enjoyed being their guest this month.  This week's theme is 'All occasion' so you can enter anything you like.  I needed to make a baby card so thought it would be ideal for this challenge.  
My son's friend recently welcomed a baby boy and my son asked if I could make a card for him.  I love making baby cards but it's ages since I made one so popped over to Pinterest for some inspiration.  I saw a gorgeous baby onesie card so thought I would give it a go.  Is it perfect - no, but is it super cute and unique - yes!  I took lots of photos so I'm apologising now for the photo overload lol!  

Here is my card:


a close up of the cute bib:


the inside:


the back:


I even made myself a template for next time:


I made my own envelope to match:


There are loads of templates/tutorials over on Pinterest so I had a look at a couple and then made my own template as I wanted my card to be a little bigger than the ones I had seen.  I started with a panel 5"x6" and made my template by die cutting circles for the neck and legs and then shaping the arms/body.  I then transferred this template onto a 5"x7" card base and cut out my onesie.  I embossed the front with a dot embossing folder.  I made a smaller template so that I could cover the embossing on the inside and also have a different colour layer for my sentiment just for some contrast.  I used mostly dies to create the elements but also stamped a sentiment in blue ink onto a banner for the front.  A few pearls for the poppers and the front was complete.  I used the same elements on the inside and stamped a secondary sentiment in black ink.  On the back I stamped my 'handmade by Denise' and added a die cut star.  I used an envelope punch board to make a matching envelope and added a few die cuts onto that too.  My son's friends were delighted with the card and said they had many comments on it, which is nice.  I'll have to try one in pink now as well as I think they look gorgeous.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More challenge - die cuts and/or stencils
Alphabet challenge - M is for monochrome
Can You Handle the Pressure challenge - ATG embossing option bees/beehive
Crafter's Cafe challenge - children's clothing
Day of the Month Card Club challenge - International dot day (I used a dotty embossing folder)
The Cutie Pie challenge - birthdays and/or bears
The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge - shapes (my card is onesie shaped plus lots of die cut shapes)

Please pop over to the Krafty Chicks challenge to get all the details/rules and also to leave some love for the design team - Leanne, Melanie, Diane and Lori.  I've had a brilliant time in the Hen House and grateful for the opportunity to guest.  

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me such lovely comments; I appreciate them all. 

Love and hugs, 



card ingredients:

Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card
MFT - blueprints 27 (for the banner)
MFT - blueprints 13 (for the stars)
Gina K Designs - swiss dot embossing folder
Gina K Designs - rainbow pearl mix
Lawn Fawn - Henry's ABC dies
Spellbinders - standard circles large & classic scalloped circles large
Clearly Besotted - scalloped edges die collection
blue card from my stash

9 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Super cute onsie card, Denise! It looks awesome...thanks so much for everything this past month in the hen house with us Chicks! We'd love to have you again as a Guest sometime - don't be a stranger :)

Lori xoxoxo

Lia said...

Oh, this is so very cute! I love the shape and how you made it into a lovely card
Lia DT CYHTP

Diane said...

It's adorably cute and I have a grandson named Dylan.
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood and Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane TSH DT and CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}

Leanne said...

Super cute, the details of the card are awesome, and thanks again for being with us this month, so awesome, and keep in touch, and play often. Hugs, L

Billie A said...

Awesome baby card and personalized. So glad you shared over at Alphabet

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a cute card, and I love how you made adjustments to create the size you wanted. Turned out great! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Krafty Chicks.

cheiro urgia said...

I think I'll have to disagree with you on this one: To me, your card looks absolutely perfect! You created a wonderful baby onesie, and I don't even know where to begin. I love the polka dot embossing, and how well it goes with the baby blue details. The embellishments are so realistic and well-placed: not too little, not too much. The fact that you took the time to decorate the inside as well is another lovely detail. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika

Rosmarie said...

Awww, your baby card is absolutely adorable! Love the shape and all the lovely details you added! Thank you so much for playing along with DotMCC. Rosi x

cass said...

Oh my Goodness! this is so cute. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe for our Children's Clothing Challenge