My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 27 September 2023

Falling for Wednesdays IG Hop - week 6

Happy Wednesday friends; I hope you've had a brilliant week so far.  I'm back with my card for this week's Falling for Wednesdays IG Hop organised by my lovely friend Kelly.  We are now on Week 6 (only one more week to go) and this week is all about 'farmers market'.

I know it sounds a daunting theme this week but it's not really.  Farmers markets have a vast array of produce such as fruit, veggies, flowers, baked goods etc.  I envisaged a farmers market stand so did a quick internet search and found this free image at Our Mindful Life.  The one issue I had was that I don't have a printer but thankfully my son managed to get it printed for me.  Here is my card:
I also decorated the inside:
Here are the Promarkers I used:
the image after I finished colouring it (before adding any highlights etc):
this is the image before it was coloured:

I was a little intimidated as the image was so large and it took me ages to actually pick up my pens and begin colouring but once I started it went quite quickly.  There were a few things that I wasn't actually sure what they were but I coloured them to suit what I wanted them to be lol!  There was some greyscale/shadowing on the image which did help but I think I did ok with my colouring considering it was such a big image.  I coloured it with Promarkers and added some highlights with a white gel pen.  The image panel ended up being 5 1/2" x 6 3/4" so my card was a custom size of 5 3/4" x 7".  The panel was added to a chocolate card mat and then this was adhered to my card base with foam tape.  I heat embossed a sentiment using gold embossing powder and die cut this out with a banner die.  The banner was also added with foam tape.  Finally a few gold sequins for some extra shine.   

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

As You Like It challenge - favourite harvest colours (I always think of orange, yellows, dark greens, browns and red; they remind me of the lush fruit and vegetables around this time of year)
Crafty Gals Corner challenge - signs of fall (entry #3)
Dream Valley challenge - make it digital (my image is a free digital colouring page)
Get Creative challenge - pumpkin spice, please 
Inspiration Station challenge - inspiration prompt #53 (I was inspired by the pumpkins and colours)
Shopping our Stash challenge - colour me beautiful (I used alcohol markers to colour my image)

I hope you will be able to join us over at Instagram and check out the hop.  As always please use the #ffwcardgroup2023 to find all our creations and we will be able to find yours if you want to join in the fun too.  

Enjoy the rest of your day.  I'll be back again tomorrow with my fourth and final card for the Krafty Chicks challenge and week 4 is all occasions.  

I appreciate you stopping by.  

Love and hugs, 


card ingredients:

free image from Our Mindful Life.com
Promarkers
Gina K Designs - harvest silhouettes stamp set (for sentiment)
MFT - blueprints 27 (for banner to cut sentiment)
Gina K Designs - everything nice (for inside greeting and image)
Gina K Designs - sweet mango ink (to stamp image on inside)
Sakura - white gelly roll 10 pen
Versamark ink pad for embossing
Craft UK Limited - 12" x 12" white card 250gsm (to make my card base)
Limetree Crafts - dark chocolate card 300gsm
Versafine onyx black ink
Spellbinders - gold smooth disc sequins

4 comments:

Donna Walls said...

Wow! This is a gorgeous image, perfect match for our inspiration photo and your coloring is spectacular. Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station Challenge, we look forward to seeing more from you soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

dj said...

Wowsers!!! This is beautiful!! Fantastic detailed coloring of your fall farmers market...perfect for our "Color Me Beautiful" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Way to go shopping your stash! Glad you joined the fun and played along with us!! Deb Horst, DT #SOS506

Lynne said...

A fabulous card and great colouring! Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

Sarah said...

Wow, what glorious autumn/harvest colours. Thank you for joining in at AYLI. Sarah DT