My Lovely Followers

Thursday 21 September 2023

Krafty Chicks challenge - GDT card Week 3

Good morning lovely friends; I hope you're having a great week so far.  I'm back with my third card for the Krafty Chicks challenge and week 3 is always CAS.  
I always love the look of clean and simple cards but it's not really my forte, although I am getting better at making them.  Here is my card:


and a close up of my cute image:


I began by stamping my adorable little bear and coloured him with Promarkers; I also added some white gel pen highlights.  I don't have the matching dies so fussy cut him out.  I cut a piece of white card 3 3/4" x 5" and masked off a strip towards the top and ink blended it with purple inks; I went for an ombre blend.  I then stamped some of the small cupcakes in black ink onto the ink blended strip.  I die cut the letters from white card and stacked them 4 high for some dimension using liquid glue.  I stamped the birthday sentiment below the ink blended panel towards the right hand side.  I arranged my letters and adhered them with liquid glue and the bear was added with thin foam squares.  I managed to contain myself and not add any more and I think it looks super cute.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Crafty Catz challenge - ATG option dies (my letters are die cut)
Mix it Up challenge - make your own background (mine is ink blended)
Seize the Birthday challenge - ATG (no toppings this time)
Cutie Pie challenge - birthdays and/or bears
The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge - ATG/die cuts (my letters are die cut)

Please pop over the Krafty Chicks challenge blog for all the details/rules and whilst you are there please leave some love for the design team - Leanne, Melanie, Diane and Lori.  I'll be back next Thursday with my fourth and final guest chick card - All Occasions.  

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all your lovely comments.

Love and hugs, 



card ingredients:

MFT - little letters die set
Gina K Designs - light, medium and dark lilac ink pads

the basics:
Versafine onyx black ink (for sentiment and cupcakes)
Memento tuxedo black ink (to stamp the bear)
Promarkers
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card

10 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Wow, Denise - this is an AWESOME CAS card! Love that cutie patootie bear :)

Have a wonderful week!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Fabulous CAS card, I love the use of the bear for your letter A, and the purple blended background looks great!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous CAS card and love the cute bear.Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
Carol DT x

Linda said...

Adorable CAS birthday card. So cute. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Lia said...

Aah, this CAS card is so adorable!
Lia DT TSOC

Lisa said...

CAS perfection on this really cute birthday card.

Inkyfingers said...

Such a gorgeous CAS design and your little bear is sooo cute!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Francesca said...

Simply gorgeous CAS card! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!

JulieP said...

I love these Bitty Bears!!! So versatile. You did a great job at CAS and we're so happy you joined us here at Seize the Birthday!

Julie said...

Cute card. Thanks for joining in with our Bear/Birthday challenge over at Cutie Pie.