My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 20 September 2023

Falling for Wednesdays IG Hop - Week 5

Hello again friends; I hope your day is going brilliantly.  It's Wednesday so that means it's the next instalment of the Falling for Wednesdays IG hop organised by my lovely friend Kelly.  We are now on Week 5 and this week is all about 'fall critters'.  


I love making cards with cute critters so the only dilemma was which image to use.  I dug out an older stamp set that I've never used so decided to show it some love.  

Here is my fall critter card:


and a close up of the critters:


I only added an acorn on the inside; I'll add a sentiment when I know what it's for:


here are the Promarkers I used:


I began by stamping my images and colouring them with Promarkers; I don't have the dies so I fussy cut them out (the tiny acorn was a bit fiddly).  I stamped one of the sentiments from the set onto the log with black ink.  I took a white card panel 3 3/4" x 5" and ink blended some honey mustard ink on the bottom; I also took my cloud stencil and used some sea glass ink on the top.  I wanted my critters to look like they were in a pile of leaves and I'd just received my Gina K Designs order and it was still sitting on my desk so used these beautiful dies to cut out the leaves from white card and inked them up with various autumnal inks.  I arranged the leaves at the bottom in a pile and adhered them with liquid glue.  I added both hedgehogs, the log and the mushroom with thin foam squares.  I really wanted the add the jumping hedgehog with an action wobbler but I still can't find them (if I order more I will discover them right away I'm sure) so he had to be added with foam squares but he still looks super cute.  I then added the card panel onto my card base with foam tape also.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Crafty Animals challenge - ATG but must include an animal
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
NBUS - never used the hedgehog stamps
Retro Rubber challenge - fall scenes (my stamp set is from 2016)
Stencil Fun challenge - must use a stencil + option fall (I used a cloud stencil)
The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge - ATG/use die cuts (my leaves were die cut)
Tic Tac Toe challenge - foliage, free, stencil (I used a cloud stencil for my background)

I hope you will be able to pop over to Instagram and check out the hop.  As always please use the hashtag #ffwcardgroup23 to find all the participants gorgeous creations and we will be able to see yours if you want to join in the fun too.  

Enjoy the rest of your day.  I'll be back again tomorrow with my GDT card for the Krafty Chicks challenge - week 3 is CAS cards.  

Thanks for stopping by.

Love and hugs, 



card ingredients:

MFT - happy hedgehogs stamp set
Gina K Designs - autumn leaves (this was a free gift in the Breath of Sunshine card kit)
Promarkers
Versafine onyx black ink (for sentiment)
Memento tuxedo black ink (to stamp my images)
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm white smooth card


6 comments:

brenda said...

Your Hedgies are so sweet and a lovely sentiment to compliment, many thanks for joining us at We Love Stamping September challenge.

B x

Diane said...

Your critters card is absolutely adorably CUTE!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun and The Sisterhood!
Diane SF Co-Owner and TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Heather said...

Just adorable, and your coloring of those hedgies is amazing! I love their little cheeks! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Lisa said...

Super adorable critters and great coloring.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful wee hedgies, Denise and a fabulous card. Thank you for sharing it with us at We Love Stamping this month
Blessings
Maxine WLS DT

Jana Forrest said...

Your card is lovely. Certainly fits the fall theme. Thank you for linking up with us over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenge. Best of luck, Jana DT