My Lovely Followers

Thursday 14 September 2023

Krafty Chicks challenge - GDT card week 2

Hello again friends; I hope you're having a great week so far......it's nearly Friday *yay* (although luckily for me every day is Friday now I've retired lol).  I'm back with my second card for the Krafty Chicks challenge and week 2 is always Christmas.  My Christmas card making production is going as well as most years - this is my second card - but even though I have a last minute panic they always get done!  Here is my card:


and a close up of the cute penguin


I recently got my hands on the new cute Christmas stamps from LOTV so it was the perfect excuse to ink one of them up.  I decided on this cute penguin but they are all adorable.  I coloured him with Promarkers and fussy cut him out.  For the background I used a snowflake stencil and went with light grey ink for a subtle look.  To create his 'ice rink' I actually used a balloon stencil and just masked off the end and inked that in light blue.  I die cut the white panel using a rectangle die that punches the holes which is gorgeous and added a red panel behind it so that the red would peek out from the holes.  I stamped a sentiment in black ink below the ice rink.  I then adhered this to my card base with foam tape.  I added some shimmer pen to the ice rink and then added the penguin on top with thin foam squares.  For a finishing touch I added some clear raindrops around my penguin.  

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - ATG or use die cuts (I used a frame die)
Craft Rocket challenge - clean and simple
Fab 'n' Funky challenge - wings or scales (penguins can't fly but use their wings to swim)
NBUS - brand new penguin stamp
Stencil Fun challenge - use stencils - option fall
The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge - die cuts/ATG (I used a die cut frame)
Use Your Stuff challenge - borders (my die cut frame has a decorative border) 

Please pop over to the Krafty Chicks challenge blog to get all the details of the challenge and to give some love to the Design Team - Leanne, Melanie, Diane and Lori.  I'll be back next Thursday with my card for Week 3 - CAS.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me such lovely comments; I appreciate you all.  

Love and hugs, 



Card ingredients:

Funky Fossil Designs - snow is falling stencil
Uniko Stamps - balloon bash stencil (for the ice rink)
MFT stamps - my itty bitty holiday stamp set
Gina K Designs - sea glass and soft stone ink pads
Little Things from Lucy's Cards - clear raindrops
Promarkers
Limetree Crafts - 250 gsm white smooth card
Versafine onyx black ink (for sentiment)
Memento tuxedo black ink (for stamping image)

9 comments:

Wendy L said...

Love LOTV Stamps and this one is gorgeous, great card, thanks for joining us at the MAWTT challenge xx

Leanne said...

Super cute, and love this image too! Great card! Have a great day! Cheers, L

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

That penguin is so cute!! He’s the star of the show (card)! I’m liking the dotted frame die too! Thanks for your inspiration! Btw, there’s 14 more Fridays till Christmas, plenty of time to pump out the holiday cards.
Diane - DT Krafty Chicks Challenge

Furrbster said...

This is so cute and a gorgeous layout too.

Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz

Chris said...

A lovely clean design to showcase your adorable penguin, it's a super Christmas card. Thanks for playing along with our Wings or Scales Challenge at Fab’n’ Funky
Chris
x

Haven_mom4 said...

Super cute card. The border around the image is a perfect our challenge at Use Your Stuff

lichazul said...

Very cute card 💐☺️ congrats
Happy day

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a sweet card, that little penguin is adorable. I am totally in love those hemstitch dies, they make such a nice border when you want a little color showing through. Great inspiration for our Christmas challenge this week!

Lori Turner said...

Oh my goodness Denise - this is just TOO cute!!! xoxoxo