My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 13 September 2023

Falling for Wednesdays IG Hop - week 4

Happy Wednesday friends; I hope you're having a wonderful week so far.  I'm back again for this week's instalment of Falling for Wednesdays IG Hop which has been organised by my lovely friend Kelly.  This week is our only technique week and we were challenged to create our own plaid.  It's not as scary as it sounds; there are loads of stamps, stencils etc that you can use or you can even freehand draw your plaid.  I remembered that I had a plaid stamp so used that on my card.

Here is my plaid card:


A close up of the my cute image:



I also decorated the inside:


and made a matching envelope:


here are all the Promarkers and pens I used:


I began by creating my plaid (as if I messed it up I could start again).  I wanted a multi colour plaid so used 3 ink pads to ink up my stamp.  I softened the edges of the ink with a blending brush so that the blend between each colour wasn't too harsh.  The stamp set also comes with the thin lines so that you can really make the background pop - I stamped my lines in black ink for some contrast.  I didn't want my plaid to cover all the background as I thought that would be too much so I cut a piece of white card for my image to stand out a little.  I matted the plaid and white onto some dark chocolate card and also added a thin strip of the dark chocolate card between the plaid and white for some definition.  I stamped my image and coloured with Promarkers, added some white highlights, and then fussy cut it out.  I stamped my sentiment with white pigment ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  It did warp my panel a bit so I let it sit under my Misti for a while before adding it to my card with double sided tape to make sure it was extra secure on my card base.  I added the image with foam squares and grounded them with a light grey Promarker.  At the last minute I decided I wanted some pumpkins around my image but I put so many foam squares behind the image that I couldn't really fit them in, however after a little surgery (i.e. cutting them in half) I managed to squeeze two onto my card.  I finished off with some gold sequins.  I'm really happy with my plaid and I think I will have to make some more in other colours.  The card size is 5"x7".

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

As You Like It challenge - autumn or winter (I love autumn, it's just so pretty with the changing leaves and the perfect weather for being outdoors)
Double D challenge - fall plaids
Get Creative challenge - pumpkin spice, please!
Incy Wincy Designs challenge - colours of autumn
Mix it Up challenge - ATG option make your own background (I stamped my background)
Retro Rubber challenge - fall scenes (my stamp is 6 years old)
Tic Tac Toe challenge - stamping, brown and leaves (there are leaves on my image, hope this is ok)
Unicorn challenge - layer it up
We Love Stamping challenge - ATG option trees/leaves (there are leaves on my image)

I hope you will be able to pop over to Instagram and check out the hop.  Please usual the usual hashtag ffwcardgroup2023 and you will find all the participants cards and we will be able to see yours if you join in the fun.  

Enjoy the rest of your day and thank you so much for stopping by.

Love and hugs, 



card ingredients:

Concord & 9th - plaid background stamp
Honey Bee Stamps - acorn sisters
Promarkers
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm white smooth card
Limetree Crafts - 300gsm dark chocolate card
Versafine onyx black ink (for lines on plaid)
Memento tuxedo black ink (for stamping image)

9 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, Denise, this is so gorgeous! LOVE that plaid background you created, and what adorable little Fall "fairies" lol. Your coloring is amazing - you do so much with the white highlights! Super wow! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Karren said...

Oh these little girls are so adorable! And you plaid looks amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Tic-Tac-Toe.

brenda said...

It's a lovely Autumnal card and perfect for our optional theme at We Love Stamping challenges, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Linby said...

A wonderful autumn card with great colouring. The plaid background is a great touch. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.

ElizStewart said...

Denise... fabulous card! Love your plaid...the progressive colors are wonderful. But I truly love your fall girls image...just wonderful! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Tic Tac Toe this week!

Leslie Miller said...

Very cute! The acorn kids are darling and your plaid couldn't be more perfect. Beautiful coloring. It's a treat to see your card in our gallery at Double D!

Elaine Stark said...

A fabulous card Denise. I love your background and those cute characters. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A gorgeous card, love your plaid and the beautiful girls in their autumnal clothes and hats. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith A DT







Billie A said...

Very cute card. Love the plaid and the darling images. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Gals Corner