My Lovely Followers

Sunday 10 September 2023

Congrats card

Happy Sunday lovely friends.  I've had a busy few days (but an exciting one) as my lovely son helped me re-organise/re-arrange my craft room and although I keep forgetting where I now have put things I am beyond happy with the way things are now arranged.  I don't have a huge, fancy craft space but it's bigger than some and I am grateful that my hubby has allowed me to take over half our dining room to accommodate all my stuff.  

I have a card to share today that I made for my niece.  She did amazingly well in her A levels and received 2 x A* and 2 A grades.  I wanted to celebrate her achievement so dug out an older stamp set from Concord & 9th.  Here is my card:


I decorated the inside too:



I began by stamping a lined notepaper background stamp in sea glass ink.  I took the arrow stamp from the stamp set and masked it so that I could have the point at the top of my card and the tail at the bottom and this was stamped in red ink.  I did make a mistake on the bottom but I fixed that by colouring around the arrow with a white posca pen and adding some black dots with a black marker.  It was a happy accident but I really liked the end result.  I stamped the sentiments in the same sea glass ink and added some stars in-between them, again using the red ink.  I die cut some stars and an arrow from black card and added them to the panel and also added some Nuvo aqua shimmer pen to bling them up.  I decorated the inside with a strip of the notepaper background that I had left over and another star and arrow.  The panels were both added onto a green mottled paper and again onto a black mat.  The finished card was mini slimline size - 6" x 3".  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - ATG or use die cuts
Daisy Chain challenge - dots and/or stripes
Inspired By challenge - inspired by leggings (I was inspired by the colours)
Sweet Stampin' challenge - doodling (I hope my doodled dots are enough)
Unicorn challenge - layer it up

I hope you have a wonderful week.  I will be back on Wednesday for my card for the next instalment in the Falling for Wednesdays IG hop.  I'd love it if you could pop back and check it out.  

Love and hugs, 



card ingredients:

Concord & 9th - above average stamp set
MFT stamps - blueprints 13 (for stars and arrows) *retired*
MFT stamps - writing tablet background stamp *retired*
Sakura gellyroll white 10 pen
Nuvo aqua shimmer pen (glitter gloss)
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm white smooth card
Gina K Designs - sea glass and red velvet ink pads
Versafine black onyx ink pad

4 comments:

brenda said...

It's always nice to reorganise your crafty space as you usually rediscover things long forgotten. A great card, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week,

B x

Pat K said...

Congrats to your niece. Lovely card to celebrate her achievements. Great sentiment and design. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K x

Mervi said...

Fabulous card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Lovely card and a great sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT