My Lovely Followers

Thursday 7 September 2023

Krafty Chicks challenge - guest chick

Good morning lovely friends.  I hope you're doing well and having a great week so far.  I am honoured to be a guest chick over at the Krafty Chicks challenge for the month of September and today is my first card for them.  
Leanne is our hostess for Week 1 and the theme for week 1 is always Stamp Act - focus on stamping (can also be a digi), so grab your stamps/digis and join in with the fun.  

Here is my card:


and a close up of my image:


I began by stamping the image (an oldie but new to me) and coloured him with Promarkers.  I don't have the die so I fussy cut him out.  I put him to one side and started on a the background.  I used quite a few stencils to make my background; firstly I used the watercolor wash free form stencil for the shape and then made some clouds using the mini cloud edge stencil and finally the grassy edges stencil.  I also stamped some ground for him to stand on.  Surprisingly I didn't add any extra layers to this card.  I simply added the background panel to a green card base with liquid glue and then my viking was added with thin foam squares onto the background.  The sentiment is also from the stamp set and was stamped in black ink in the top left.  No frills or embellishments as I felt it had enough going on.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Mix It Up challenge - ATG - option make your own background (I used stencils and stamps to create my background)
Little Red Wagon challenge - square or rectangle
Alphabet challenge - L is for literature (inspired by The Vikings by Robert Ferguson)
Stencil Fun challenge - use stencils option fall 
Just Add Ink challenge - use colours crumb cake/misty moonlight/mossy meadow (or similar)
NBUS challenge - using my viking stamp for the first time

Please pop over to the Krafty Chicks challenge blog to get all the details of the challenge and please give some love to the Design Team - Leanne, Melanie, Diane and Lori.  I'll be back next Thursday with my card for Week 2 - Christmas.  

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all your lovely comments. 

Love and hugs, 



Card ingredients:

MFT - viking
MFT - mini cloud edges stencil
Gina K Designs - ink pads - sea glass, soft stone, jelly bean green
Promarkers
Versafine - black onyx ink pad
green card from stash
Cutter Bee scissors (for fussy cutting)

9 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

Denise, your card is awesome! Really love how you stenciled the background for the Viking. Thanks so much for joining the hen house this month!

meg said...

I wouldn't like to meet your fierce Viking on a dark night,brilliant image,layout and card,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

Kerry Parkinson said...

Brilliant stencil work on the background and your Viking warrior is just too adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kerry, DT

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Spectacular card!! I wondered how you got the shape for the background scene, which is awesome by the way!! And the Viking looks strong and mighty! Welcome to the Hen House! So glad to have you here.

Diane - DT Krafty Chicks

Lisa said...

What a fun image from MFT! You rocked the CAS feel to the card too.

Diane said...

I absolutely love this, a fabulous image and sentiment and a great design!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun and The Sisterhood!
Diane SF Co-Owner and TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Lia said...

What a great stamp of the viking! Nice coloring and background!
Lia DT TSOC

Dawn Phillips said...

Such a fabulous card. My hubby likes viking history novels. This would be just the card for him. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

Lynda said...

What a fun card and great inspiration from the book. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT