My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 6 September 2023

Falling For Wednesdays IG Hop - week 3

Happy Hump Day friends; I'm back for this week's instalment of the Falling for Wednesdays IG Hop organised by my lovely friend Kelly and we are already at Week 3!  This week is 'Leaf Peeping' so we want to see all your autumn leaves.  


I didn't have much time to create this week so although I had lots of ideas I kept it fairly simple.  Here is my card:


a closer look:


once again I decorated the inside:


I began by embossing a white panel with a falling leaves embossing folder which I then adhered to a very dark burgundy card panel mat.  This was then added to the card base with double sided tape.  I used an ephemera sheet and matching die plate to cut out all the leaves and arranged them in a wreath shape onto my embossed background using thin foam squares.  I die cut a stitched and plain circle from the same white and burgundy card and stamped my sentiment onto the white circle (I did some masking as I couldn't fit the 'so' word onto my circle); I then added this into the centre of my wreath with a double stacked foam square.  I finished off with some gold pearls and my card was complete.  A really simple card but I love it!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Little Red Wagon challenge - square or rectangle (I used to make square cards all the time but now it's mostly rectangle A2 cards)
Color Throwdown challenge - orange, red, maroon and gold
Unicorn challenge - layer it up
Can You Handle The Pressure challenge - use an embossing folder/option poppies
Incy Wincy Designs challenge - colours of autumn +/- not a square or rectangle
Dream Valley challenges - dry embossing
NBUS challenge - never used the autumn splendor ephemera & die plate before

I hope you can pop over to Instagram and check out the hop.  As always please use the hashtag #ffwcardgroup23 to see all the participants and for us to find your creations if you'd like to join in the fun.  

Enjoy the rest of your day and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 



Card ingredients:

Everything I used on this card was Gina K Designs (except the card stock)
* the store is currently closed for maintenance so I've linked to Bumbleberry Crafts

Autumn Splendor ephemera sheets & die plate
A Happy Hello mini stamp set (for sentiment on front)
On The Inside stamp set (for inside sentiment)
Master Layouts 3 (for circle dies)

other products:
Versafine Onyx black ink
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm white smooth card 
burgundy card from stash

7 comments:

Darnell said...

This is such a gorgeous card for autumn, Denise! I love the dimension from the leafy e/f and how you have layered your leaves around the circle sediment! The inside is so lovely, too! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Vickie Z said...

Love the embossed background and gorgeous wreath!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

Maria said...

I saw your card over at the NBUS gallery. I just wanted to drop by and say it is gorgeous! Love the embossed background and beautiful wreath!

TK said...

Beautiful card, texture and elements galore!

Broni said...

Fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

A lovely sentiment card. The autumn theme is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful card.