My Lovely Followers

Monday 4 September 2023

Auntie card

Hello friends and happy Monday to you.  I hope you're having a great day and enjoying the warm and sunny weather we're having - always the same when the kids are about to go back to school isn't it.  I'm not much for the sun but love seeing my washing blowing on the line in the sunshine (I'm weird I know lol!).  

I'm back to share the card I made for my sister from my boys.  They call her auntie but I only had a stamp that was spelt aunty but hey ho she didn't mind.  Here is my card:


a close up of the image:


I began by stamping the image and colouring it with Promarkers.  I did debate fussy cutting her but decided against it.  The image does come with sentiments but I wanted to personalise the card for my sister to stamped my own image into the sign with black ink.  I found this really pretty paper in my stash that had gold accents so used that along with some gold card for the mats.  I also cut some hearts from the gold card and also some gold glitter card.  I added the paper to the gold card with liquid glue and adhered it to my 6x6 card base.  The image panel was also added to gold card with liquid glue but this was then added to my card with foam tape.  The hearts were added around the image with liquid glue (I did add a small foam square to the larger hearts that overhung the image panel for stability).  I didn't feel the card needed anything else as it was busy enough.  I forgot to take a photo of the inside but I just added a couple of the hearts into the bottom corner.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - ATG or sunflowers
Pearly Sparkles challenge - pink, pearls sparkle (use at least one) - my sparkly hearts

I really appreciate you stopping by and hope you enjoy the rest of your day. 

Love and hugs, 



card ingredients:

Stamping Bella - curvy girl with a sign
MFT - blueprints 6 tag builder (for the smaller heart)
MFT - hearts a plenty (for the larger heart)
Clearly Besotted Stamps - happy birthday all (retired)
Clearly Besotted Stamps - friends and family (retired)
Tonic Studios - Craft Perfect 6x6 pad - gold hearted
Home Bargains - 6x6 Creative Paper pad (no name)
Promarkers
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card
Versafine onyx black ink
Memento tuxedo black ink

8 comments:

brenda said...

Such a lovely feminine card and sure your Sister loved it, thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful card, gorgeous image and design.
Lorraine

Dena J said...

Lovely personalized card! Love all the sparkle. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and image love the B.paper and sparkly hearts.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles and Dragonfly Dreams
Carol DT x

Sarah said...

What a lovely card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah DT

Linby said...

A fabulous contemporary design, it looks wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

Lisa said...

I am sure your sister did not mind the difference in spelling of aunty. Super cute image.

Haven_mom4 said...

Those watercolor borders perfectly frame your adorable image. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff