My Lovely Followers

Friday 1 September 2023

AAA birthday challenge #53 - Animals

Good morning lovely friends and Happy 1st September.  Another month rolls by and we are into autumn, although we didn't have much of a summer really did we?  All the schools and universities will be starting back soon but thankfully my boys are grown up now so no more of the last minute panic buying for back to school stuff lol!  

I'm here to share my DT card for this month's AAA Birthday challenge and this month we want to see your animals.  I love using cute critters on my cards and I have the honour of choosing one of the winners this month (Maaike will be choosing the second winner).  I am looking forward to seeing all your lovely animal creations.  I needed a card for a friend who loves cats so it was perfect timing for my card.  

Here is my cute kitty card:


a closer look at the cats:


I had a spare cat so decorated the inside too:


I stamped quite a few different cats; coloured them with Promarkers and used the matching dies to cut them out.  I used a paw print stencil for a subtle background using light grey ink; I didn't want anything too busy but it adds a little interest behind my images.  I die cut the number 50 from hot pink card and also cut and coloured a balloon and a present for a little more pink on my card.  I very rarely make square cards these days but thought I could fit more cats on my card with this size card.  I added the paw print panel onto a hot pink square of card and adhered it to my card base with liquid glue.  The cats, balloon and present were added with thin foam squares and the 50 and the sentiment strip were added with liquid glue.  I finished with some shimmer pen to the balloon and present for some sparkle.  As I had one cat left over after I completed my card I decided to add it to the inside of my card, along with a birthday sentiment.  Again this panel was added to hot pink card and adhered to the inside of my card with liquid glue.  A super cute card for a cat lover I think.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Cardz for Galz challenge - cute animals or insects
As You Like It challenge - favourite animal (and why) - I love all animals but we've always had cats; they are so much fun, but everything is on their terms and they keep you on your toes lol!
Stencil Fun challenge - use stencils - option butterflies
My Time To Craft challenge - use die cuts (3rd entry)
Pearly Sparkles challenge - pink, pearls and/or sparkles (use at least one)
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG but include an animal

I hope you be able to find the time to enter in our challenge this month.  Please pop over to the blog to see my fellow teamies gorgeous creations; you won't be disappointed.  We also have a guest designer joining us - Trina P. - please give her some love, her creations are wonderful.  

Thank you for stopping by; I love reading your comments and appreciate them all. 

Love and hugs, 



card ingredients:

MFT - cute cats
MFT - sweet birthday wishes (for balloon and present)
Gina K Designs - sentiment strip dies
Gina K Designs - birthday cheer (for inside sentiment)
Honey Bee Stamps - friends FURever stencil set (only used one)
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card 
Promarkers
Memento tuxedo black ink pad
pink card from stash

10 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

Cats are always good in my opinion as a crazy cat lady ;-) Great card

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love all those adorable little kitties, and that lightly stenciled background is just the perfect backdrop. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks.

Lisa J said...

Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us at Pearly Sparkles Challenge. Lisa J DT

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

i am loving all the cats you have used - I love it xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such a cute array of cats Denise, I'm sure your friend will love her card.
Lorraine

Lynda said...

Love all the cats - I have been adopted by four of them currently.....very cute card and details. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Inkyfingers said...

Your collection of cute kitties is a perfect choice for a cat-loving friend and I love how you arranged them on the card to create such a pleasing design.I love how you continued the design to the inside of the card to make it more memorable too!
Thanks for sharing with ATSM.
Hugs
Carol x

Trina P. said...

Purr-fect birthday card for a cat lover. Adorable card. Love that you didn’t let the leftover cat go to waste.

Heather said...

Awww . . . so cute!! I love all your adorable kitties! Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy Challenge.

Card Creator said...

This is so adorable! I love how you even did the background with paw prints...so cute!! Thank you so much for joining us at My Time to Craft and I cannot wait to see your wonderful work again
~Tamara (DT)