My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 30 August 2023

Fall for Wednesdays IG hop - Week 2

Happy Wednesday friends.  I'm back to share week 2 of the Falling for Wednesdays IG hop.  This week's theme is 'fall favourites' so we want to see anything you love doing in the fall (or autumn to us Brits!).  

It may not come as any surprise but I am not an outdoorsy person so no pumpkin patches or walking in leaves for me lol!  I decided that my favourite thing to do in autumn in cuddle on the sofa with a nice warm coffee so that is what my card is all about.  I can't wait to see what your favourites are.  

Here is my card:


a closer look at the image:


I dug out a really old red rubber stamp and began by stamping the image and colouring it with Promarkers.  I fussy cut it out and put it one side.  I decided to use some patterned paper again today and dug out some patterns that I thought went well with the image.  I went for a dark green card for my mats and adhered them all together with liquid glue.  I die cut a decorative oval from white card and a matching plain oval from the green card and again adhered them with liquid glue.  My image was added with thin foam squares and placed onto the oval.  I found the perfect strip sentiment and stamped it in green ink and die cut it out.  I placed it bottom centre under my oval with thin foam squares.  A few enamel dots to compliment my colours and my card was finished.  A fairly simple card but it looks really pretty in real life. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Crafters Cafe challenge - colours of the garden

I hope you will pop over to Instagram and check out the hop.  As always please use the hashtag #ffwcardgroup23 to see all the hop participants and for us to find your creations if you want to join in the fun.  

Have a lovely day and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 



card ingredients:

Whiff of Joy stamps - Willow with hot chocolate (unfortunately WOJ is no longer open)
Promarkers
Gina K Designs - hygge time (for sentiment)
Gina K Designs - fresh asparagus ink pad
Gina K Designs - sentiment strips dies
Craftelier - enamel dots pastel
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card

2 comments:

Card Creator said...

Denise, I love everything about this card and she looks so cozy with her drink in hand (maybe my favorite, Pumpkin Spice Coffee). Really adorable

Thank you for joining in My Time to Craft
~Tamara (DT)

cass said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us as The Crafter's Café this month for our Colours of the Garden challenge.