My Lovely Followers

Monday 28 August 2023

Happy birthday sister

Happy Bank Holiday Monday friends; I hope you're having a great day so far.  I'm feeling a little out of sorts today so I'm taking it easy and hoping it's just one of those days and I feel better tomorrow.  It's my little sister's birthday today so I thought I would pop in to share the card I made for her.  I also made one for my boys to give her but I'll share that another day.  I made a Double D fun fold card that I saw Sam Calcott (Mixed Up Crafts) share on YouTube.  You can find her tutorial here.  It was quite difficult to photograph so there are quite a lot of photos sorry.  

Here is my card:


a few more photos:







Following Sam's tutorial I began by cutting all the card pieces from white card, the mats from black card and layers from patterned paper.  I adhered them with liquid glue.  I decided to use the butterfly and flowers again from the Gina K Designs bundle (that you saw on my recent autumn card) but went for a bright and fun colour scheme to match the pretty papers.  I stamped the happy birthday sentiment in black ink and added a sister sentiment that I die cut 4 times (3 times from white card and once from the patterned paper) and also added that with liquid glue.  On the inside panel I stamped a birthday sentiment in black ink, added some strips of the paper and one flower and leaf in the bottom corner.  A few pearls and some shimmer pen as a finishing touch and my card was complete.  It was quite a simple card to complete but it will stand out from the crowd on a mantlepiece lol!  The card size is 5" x 7" but I did have to make a box envelope as the front part is quite thick; I used my envelope punch board for that.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - sparkle and shine (it's hard to see but my flowers and butterfly are covered in aqua shimmer pen)
Allsorts challenge - butterflies
Triple B challenge - mood board and/or birds, butterflies and blooms
Papercraft challenges - special card shapes

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back soon with the 'auntie' card I made for my boys to give to my sister. 

Love and hugs, 



card ingredients:

Gina K Designs - You give me butterflies bundle (now available individually)
Gina K Designs - spring floral background (for the happy birthday sentiment)
Gina K Designs - rainbow pearl mix
MFT - little letters alpha dies
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm white smooth card
Hobbycraft - black card
Honey Bee Stamps - inside birthday sentiments
Lili of the Valley - bonnets & bowties 8x8 paper pad
Nuvo - aqua shimmer pen (glitter gloss)
Versafine onyx black ink pad

6 comments:

Dena J said...

What marvelous colors and detail in this fancy fold! Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week and using the butterfly theme, too!

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the card design and the colours are so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

Liz said...

Wonderful card. I love the fold, thanks for the link to the video. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge using the butterflies option.
Liz xx

Mervi said...

Fabulous card, pretty folding and colours!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Inkyfingers said...

What a pretty card and such a lot of interest to see. I love your mix of patterned paper and that is such a gorgeous and unusual fold. I bet your sister loved it!
Thanks for sharing with ATSM.
Hugs
Carol x

Cindy Groh said...

WoW!
Fantastic card!