My Lovely Followers

Saturday 26 August 2023

Anniversary shaker card

Happy Saturday friends.  I hope you've had a brilliant week and are ready to enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend.   I cannot believe we are in the last weekend of August; I love autumn, with the cooler weather and crunching leaves beneath your feet, but really don't like the dark nights so much.  I have enough trouble taking good photographs of my cards in the summer, let alone when it's dark and dreary lol!  

Anyway I'm here today to share an anniversary card that I made a little while ago but forgot to share.  It's a bright and cheerful colour scheme and I decided to make a shaker element too.  

Here is my card:


a closer look at the sweet lovebirds:


I stamped the gorgeous floral heart and adorable love birds and coloured them with Promarkers.  There aren't any dies so I fussy cut them out.  I decided to cut the centre out of the heart and make a shaker card so added acetate behind the heart.  I used a beautiful embossing folder for the background as I thought it was really elegant for an anniversary card and matted it onto a pale green card.  I gold heat embossed the sentiment (from the stamp set) and added a few tiny die cut flowers and leaves for decoration and to tie in with the larger floral heart.  To put my card together I added some sequins into my heart and sealed it close with foam tape.  This was then added to the embossed panel with liquid glue.  The birds were added with foam tape at the lower part of the heart and the sentiment was placed middle centre below the birds, again on foam tape.  I didn't added any extra embellishments as the shaker was enough.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Sweet Stampin' challenge - wedding/anniversary
Stamping Sensations challenge - mood board (I was inspired by the colours and bird)
Krafty Chicks challenge - all occasions
Cardz for Galz challenge - cute animals or insects
Triple B challenge - I used birds and blooms
Can You Handle The Pressure? challenge - use an embossing folder option poppies
Tic Tac Toe challenge - anniversary/gold or silver/free (my sentiment is gold embossed)


Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 



card ingredients:

Funky Fossil Designs - love birds stamp set
Spellbinders - mini blooms & sprigs
Promarkers
shaker mix from stash (I think it was a freebie)
pale green card from stash

12 comments:

Wendy L said...

So beautiful and I love the cute Love birds, thanks for joining us at the MAWTT challenge xx

brenda said...

This is so sweet and following the colours of our mood board as well, thank you and for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Fiona said...

lovely shaker card Denise, fab colouring on those flowers too.

Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

Fi
x

baileyrosy.com said...

Your love birds are so pretty and I just adore shaker cards so this ticks all of the boxes for me.Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at Colorful Options.

Marie

Diane said...

Beautiful and creative shaker card!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B, Can You Handle The Pressure and Colorful Options!
Diane TB and CYHTP Co-Owner and CO DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

ElizStewart said...

Denise... love this anniversary card...just lovely. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Tic Tac Toe this week.

Billie A said...

Great shaker. Love the design and colors. Who ever receives this beauty will be blessed with a keepsake. Thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 Galz

Carole said...

Super cute card, thanks for playing along with our 'Emboss Wet or Dry' challenge @ MAWTT this month. Good Luck 
Happy Crafting
Carole xXx

Lynda said...

Such a great card - love the colours and the shaker component - but those birds are so adorable. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Silke Ledlow said...

This is such a sweet Anniversary card and I'm glad you had a chance to share it with us at the TTTC ;) !!!

Karren said...

This is so very cute! These wee birds are just adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Tic Tac Toe.

Cindy Groh said...

The shaker in the heart is ingenious