My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 23 August 2023

Falling For Wednesday IG Hop - week 1

Hello again friends; I hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday.  I can't believe I'm back again so soon; I hope you're not getting too bored of me lol!  

Today's post is week 1 of an IG hop that I'm taking part in called 'Falling for Wednesdays' organised once again by my lovely friend Kelly and this hop will last for the next 7 weeks.  It's a continuation of the Summer Crush Wednesdays hop that we did in the summer but this time it's all about fall (or autumn if you're this side of the pond).  Week 1 is all about fall colours so you can make whatever you like as long as your main colours are brown, orange, red, green etc.  


Here is my card:


a closer look at my images:


plus I decorated the inside:


For my card I used a Gina K Designs bundle which includes a stamp set, layering stencils and matching die cuts.  I began by stamping my images and used the layering stencils to 'colour' them.  Once coloured I cut them out with the dies.  I dug out an old 6x6 paper pad and this orange patterned paper was perfect to go with my butterfly and flowers.  I matted the paper onto a black card panel and adhered it to my card front with liquid glue.  I used a smaller white card panel as a base for my images which I added with foam tape and then stamped my sentiment in black ink.  A few gold pearls to the centres of the butterfly and flowers and my card was complete.  I had one flower left over and a small strip of the paper so decorated the inside and added a birthday sentiment.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Stencil Fun challenge - use stencils option butterflies (I used layering stencils)
My Time To Craft challenge - stencilling (I used laying stencils)
Make My Monday challenge - 3 images of something (3 flowers)
Inspiration Station challenge - photo inspiration (inspired by butterflies and flowers)
NBUS - Never used this Gina K bundle before
Tic Tac Toe challenge - patterned paper/free/birthday


I hope you will pop over to Instagram and check out the hop; use the hashtag #ffwcardgroup2023 to see all the gorgeous creations and also if you want to participate we will be able to find you.  

Enjoy the rest of your day and thank you so much for stopping by.

Love and hugs, 



card ingredients:

Gina K Designs - You give me butterflies bundle (bundle has been broken up now but items can be purchased individually)
MME - now and then 'Izzy' 6x6 paper pad
Versafine - onyx black ink pad
Hobbycraft - black card
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm white smooth card

5 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, Denise, this is SO striking! Those colors really make a happy statement, so bright and pretty, and I love those bold flowers for your gorgeous butterfly! It's all so crisp! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Darnell said...

Your butterfly and floral birthday card is beautiful for fall, Denise! I love your coloring, patterns, and composition both outside and inside! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa said...

Love the butterfly and super gorgeous card.

Maria Valente said...

This is stunning! Thank you for sharing at MMMChallenge blog.
Hugs

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous Autumn color palette and darling images. Thanks for playing along at the Inspiration Station Challenge and sharing your creativity with us.
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge