My Lovely Followers

Monday 21 August 2023

You've passed!

Hello again friends; I hope you've had a great start to the week.  Hubby had his clips out today, which thankfully was quick and painless.  Apart from an allergic reaction to the plasters covering them, his wounds look fab and have healed really well.  Physio on Thursday, although not sure what they will tell him to do as he is walking around the house and up and down the stairs without too much trouble.  

I'm here today to share a card that I made for my son's work colleague who's daughter had passed her driving test.  I have to be honest I don't make many cards for this occasion so had to search through my stash for a 'you've passed' sentiment but eventually found one in my trusty Clearly Besotted oldies.  I'm never de-stashing my CBS stamp sets as they are so useful and I find myself reaching for them often.  

Here is my card:


and a closer look:


CAS decoration on the inside:


I began by die cutting the cute car from grey card and cut the additional pieces in mostly black, except for the hubcaps which I cut from silver card.  The cute dog was stamped and coloured with Promarkers and I fussy cut him out.  I glued the dog behind the car so that it looked like it was inside.  I put the car to one side and worked on my background.  I cut a piece of light blue card and added a strip of grey card to bottom and used my white gel pen to draw a faux road and at the top of the blue panel I added some white die cut clouds.  The L plate was created by die cutting a letter L from red card and adhering it to a white square.  I then took a torn edge die and cut the white square in half to look like it was ripped apart.  To assemble my card I added the car with foam squares along the 'road' and added the L plate below, also with foam squares.  The clouds and sentiments were attached with liquid glue.  The panel was added onto a white card base with foam tape; this was then matted onto a black panel.  I think the finished card turned out quite cute.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - all creatures great and small
Try It On Tuesday challenge - sing a song (inspired by Madness 'driving in my car)
Cut It Up challenge - create a scene
Tic Tac Toe challenge - die cuts/free/alphabet (I die cut a letter L for my L plate)

Thanks for stopping by today; I hope you enjoy the rest of your afternoon/evening.  I appreciate you taking the time to comment and for all the love you leave for my little works of art.  

Love and hugs, 



card ingredients:

MFT - cute caravan die set
MFT - missing you every single day stamp set
MFT - little letters 
MFT - blueprints 13 (for die cut circles inside)
Clearly Besotted Stamps - framed sentiments
Gina K Designs - sentiment strip dies
Gina K Designs - so many sentiments (for the inside sentiment)
W Plus 9 - sunshine layers (for the cloud die cuts)
coloured card from stash
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card
Sakura - gelly roll 10 white pen

7 comments:

R's Rue said...

Thinking of you and the hubby. Cute card.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

brenda said...

A cute colourful card, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts current challenge and being inspired by our All Creatures theme.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous card design Denise, thanks for joining in our challenge at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Betty said...

perfect card for this occasion - I agree with you about the Clearly Besotted stamps - thanks for entering your cute in our TicTacToe Challenge this week!

Ellibelle said...

So very cute!!
Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

Larelyn said...

So much fun and what a fun reminder of her achievement. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up Create a Scene challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Brenda said...

This is a darling design and so cleve for the special occasion. Thanks so much for joining us over at Little Red Wagon this week.