My Lovely Followers

Monday 10 August 2020

MFT summer school - day 1

Hello again friends.  I can't believe it's been a week since my last post.  I had very good intentions of sharing more cards last week but to be honest the heatwave had knocked me for six.  I'm a woman of a certain age now and I don't need any extra heat - I'm already a walking radiator at times lol!  

My Favourite Things is currently running it's Summer School and although I had hoped to complete all 5 days I have only managed 2 so far, although there are still a few days left so I will try and get them all done.  If you want to check out all the details pop over to their blog.  Day 1 was all about the 'Visual Triangle.  The idea of a visual triangle is that you use a trio of common elements or similar colors, placed as if at the points of a triangle, to direct the eyes around your card design.

Here is my entry for Day 1:


close up of the card:


I used super cute images from MFT Farm Friends and coloured them with Promarkers and die cut them with the coordinating dies.  I used 2 stencils to create the background with distress oxide inks - the MFT mini cloud stencil and the MFT drifts and hills stencil.  I die cut a frame from white card using the largest MFT rectangle frame and stamped a sentiment from the stamp set.  Finally I drew some 'birds' with a black fine liner pen and added some sequins from Studio Katia for a bit of sparkle.   

I hope you like this fun, cute card.  I'll be back later with my card for Day 2 - rainbow.  

Have fun and stay safe.


Card ingredients:
MFT - farm friends stamp & die set
MFT - rectangle frame die set
Various Promarkers
Letraset black fine liner pen 0.3
Distress Oxide inks in tumbled glass & mowed lawn

No comments: