My Lovely Followers

Monday 10 August 2020

MFT summer school - day 2

Here I am again, with Day 2 of MFT's summer school 2020.  Day 2 is all about rainbows.  

"When choosing a color scheme, particularly for a bright & happy occasion, you simply cannot go wrong with a rainbow. There is something so comforting and cheer-inducing about that ROYGBIV arrangement — whether you opt for traditionally vivid hues or tone things down with pastels, a rainbow is never a bad choice".

Here is my rainbow card:


close up of my card:


This card did not turn out as I had planned but I still think it's a really pretty card.  I used the MFT rectangle trio stencil to ink blend my rainbow and then used my paper trimmer to cut out each colour.  I added these to piece of white card, trimmed it down and then attached this to my card panel with foam tape.  I stamped the balloon image over the ink blended panel and then stamped for a second time and fussy cut just the balloons (without the strings) and ink blended with the same colours as my background.  I stamped the sentiment with versafine onyx black ink and used liquid glue to add to my panel.  I finished off with a rainbow of crystals.  

I need to get cracking now and try to finish the remaining 3 days of summer school 😊

Thanks for stopping by and see you soon.

Take care and stay safe. 


Card ingredients:
MFT - beary special birthday stamp set (for the balloon image)
Distress oxide inks
MFT - I heart celebrating stamp set (for the sentiment)
Little Things from Lucy's Cards - crystal collection over the rainbow
Versafine onyx black ink
Tonic Studios - Nuvo deluxe glue

No comments: