My Lovely Followers

Thursday 13 August 2020

MFT summer school 2020 day 5

Hi again friends.  I've managed to play catch-up and I'm finally graduating from MFT summer school 2020 with my contribution to Day 5.  I've never participated before but I've had lots of fun making my cards this week and it has been great to challenge myself using techniques I've not tried before.  


Here is my final card for the MFT summer school and today's theme is all about white space. 

"The idea of white space doesn’t refer to a primarily white card (though often, as is the case with today’s project, this is true) but rather, the idea of leaving a significant portion of your design open, free from embellishment, allowing your focal point to truly shine".

Here is my card for today:


close up of my card:


I stamped the adorable images using Memento tuxedo black ink onto a white card panel.  I fussy cut some post it notes and masked off the images before blending squeezed lemonade distress oxide ink over the panel.  I removed the masks and then coloured my images with Promarkers.  The colour choices were inspired by this week's MFT colour challenge 147 and the layout was inspired by this week's MFT sketch challenge 502.  The sentiment was stamped with Hero Arts soft brown shadow ink and the only thing I added was some Nuvo shimmer pen to the balloon.  I did find it quite hard to leave it without embellishments but I think it turned out super cute.  

I hope you've enjoyed seeing my summer school projects and appreciate you stopping by.   

I am entering my card into the following challenges: 


MFT sketch challenge 502 (which I rotated):


I hope the storms haven't been too bad where you are; we had some thunder and lightening here last night and a few brisk rain showers but it really hasn't been as bad as some parts of the country.  My thoughts go out to everyone struggling with power outages and flood damage and especially the people who lost their lives in the train derailment in Scotland; so tragic.  

Take care and stay safe.
 

Card ingredients:
Squeezed lemonade distress oxide ink

No comments: