My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 12 August 2020

MFT summer school - day 4

Hi friends, I bet you are getting fed up of seeing posts from me this week - it's all or nothing over here isn't it lol 😂

Here is the next card for the MFT summer school 2020 and day 4 is all about ombre.  

"Ombré is a time-tested technique that still somehow manages to feel both modern and innovative. There are a number of ways to add an ombré effect to your cards — from simple die-cut shapes and sentiments to full panels. Opt for a clean and simple single hue or fade from one tone into another for more dramatic appeal".

I choose to opt for a single hue background from dark green to light green.  Here is my card:


close up of my card:


I began by stamping the MFT Fine Chevron background stamp using 3 mini ink cubes in greens, starting with my lightest at the bottom and working up to the darkest.  I then stamped the super cute images from the MFT Let's Stick Together stamp set and coloured them with Promarkers.  Unfortunately I don't have the matching dies for this set so fussy cut them out.  I stamped a matching sentiment from the set in Versafine onyx black ink and cut it out with my Tim Holtz guillotine.  I decided that I didn't want to cover the background too much so die cut a vellum circle so that my images had a focal point to sit on and I added the images with liquid glue onto this circle.  This was then added onto the background with liquid glue.  I added the ombre background panel onto a green card base with foam tape and also added the sentiment strip with foam tape.  The finishing touch was a few gorgeous crystal circles and some white highlights on my images using a white gel pen. 

I'm really happy with this card and although I'm not a big green fan I think it looks super cute.  

Just one more day to go so I'll try and get my card done tonight ready to share with you tomorrow.  

Enjoy the rest of your evening and take care.  

Lots of love,


Card ingredients:
MFT - Fine chevron background stamp
Versafine onyx black ink pad
Promarkers
Stampin' Up cardstock vellum 
Stampin' Up green card from Bold Brights pack
Little Things from Lucy's Cards - Sprinkles - crystal circles

No comments: