My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 18 August 2020

50th birthday card

A friend in work recently celebrated her 50th birthday so I made her a happy and bright card to celebrate.  I decided to make a cocktail themed card as she was going away with friends so it seemed very apt.

Here is my card:



I began by stamping the fantastic glass images and die cut them out with the matching dies.  The umbrella, stirrer and orange were also separate images but again had matching dies.  I added some Nuvo aqua shimmer pen to the drinks and they really shine in real life.  I added the die cut drinks to a white panel and stamped the 50 cheers alongside.  This was then added to a piece of patterned paper and attached to my card base.  I stamped a secondary sentiment below the white panel.  I didn't think the card needed any embellishments so left it as it was.  

I am going to enter my card into the following challenges:

Cute Card Thursday - bright colours
Sweet Stampin challenge - favourite colour combo (I love soft pastel colours)
Crafty Hazelnut's Paper challenge - August 2020 (use patterned paper)
Allsorts challenge - summer fun

I hope you've had a good start to the week and the weather has improved.  It's showery here but still very humid so not an ideal combination!  

Enjoy the rest of your week and take care.


Card ingredients:
Clearly Besotted Stamps - raise a glass (I have the older version)
Clearly Besotted Stamps - basic numbers
MFT - beary special birthday (for the sentiment)
Versafine onyx black ink
Papermania spots & stripes - pastels 8x8 pad

3 comments:

brenda said...

A real fun and happy card, many thanks for joining in with our 'Summer Fun' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Chris said...

Fabulous birthday card, great design, love the images and pretty colours. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

pinky said...

This is just so fresh and gorgeous Denise, love it!