My Lovely Followers

Saturday 27 June 2020

Happy card

Happy Saturday friends!  Well my second week back at work is done and everything is going well.  My work-friends have been so welcoming and eased me back into my routine with kindness and love.  I'm grateful to work for the NHS and even though I'm not frontline I've loved all the positive things I've seen on social media during this pandemic. 

I have a very happy little card for you today.  I predominantly made it to join in with a challenge in one of my groups on Facebook - "Fans of Taylored Expressions" and the brief was yellow, hexagons and something from your junk drawer.  You don't have to include all of them but I managed to this time!  If you love Taylored Expressions products you definitely need to join this group if you haven't already. 


I used Taylored Expressions 'inky fingers - flowers' for the main image and coloured it with Promarkers, the sentiments are Taylored Expressions 'simple strips background' stamped with versafine onyx black ink and die cut with the matching 'simple strips die'.  I created the background using bubble wrap from my junk drawer inked with versfine clair 'morning mist' ink and then inked blended over the top with Taylored Expressions 'potato chip' mini ink cube.  The hexagons are My Favorite things 'hexagons' dienamics.  I also decorated the inside of my card but forgot to take a photo d'oh!

I hope you're having a great weekend so far.  The weather has changed here with rain showers and high winds but to be honest the very hot weather we've had this week has drained me, I'm a spring lover at best so 31 degrees was too much for me lol!  

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

sweet stampin' challenge - create your own background (I used bubble wrap)
sweet stampers challenge - something beginning with B (black, blooms, birthday)
Use your stuff challenge - it's a girl thing

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Take care and hugs, 

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Denise, love those cute colourful flowers.
Glad your return to work has been good. I've been back for 4 weeks now - I'm a TA in a primary school....it's very different!
Stay safe.
Lorraine x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh so cute! Thanks for sharing this adorable creation with us at Sweet Stampin', so lovely to have you play along for our 'Make Your Own Background' challenge. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Kuni said...

This is fantastic.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs

Pop's Cards said...

So vert pretty love the colours you have used here to such a cheery card, hugs Pops x