Hello again friends; thanks for popping back and checking out my second card for today. I'm back again as we are celebrating World Card Making Day with an Instagram Hop organised by my lovely friends Kim and Geeta. We are excited to share our cards and projects with you and we hope you'll hop along with us as we share our love of crafting and card making.
There is no theme for this hop, it is purely a group of crafters sharing cards and our love of our fun hobby. We know for some crafting is a lifeline to the 'outside world' and I feel the same. I'm from a very small town in South Wales and don't have any crafty friends nearby so I really do count all my internet and blogland friends as my real friends and appreciate you all so much. Crafting keeps my mind active and keeps me (relatively) sane in this crazy world. I love this creative outlet and feel a sense of accomplishment when I look at the finished cards, tags and ATC's that I make. I'd love to hear what you enjoy about crafting and what it means to you.
I decided to make an autumnal apple pie card as we are now in the season of pies, leaves and hot beverages (well here in the UK anyway). I've seen a few cards on my feed using the perfect pies dies and it reminded me that I haven't used this set for such a long time. I hope you like it.
Here is my card:
a closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a panel from beige card 4" x 5 1/4" and a piece of gingham paper 4" x 3 1/4". I also cut a strip of white card and die cut it using a scalloped border die. I added the scalloped strip behind the gingham paper and then adhered this onto the beige panel to create my background. I stamped the sentiment at the top of the panel using dark chocolate ink. I die cut the pie and extra pieces from beige, red, silver mirror, white and green card from my scraps bin and adhered them together with liquid glue. I also cut a 'plate' from white card using a decorative circle die. I added the plate with foam squares and the pie, fork and larger apple with liquid glue. The two leaves and smaller apple were added to the pie with foam squares. I added a bow to the fork with liquid glue and also added two more sets of leaves under the plate. I finished off with some red solid sequins. The panel was adhered to my card base using double sided tape. For the inside I cut a white panel and a strip of the gingham paper. I die cut another scalloped border but this time from beige card and adhered it under the gingham paper with liquid glue. I then added this border strip to the bottom of the panel with liquid glue. I stamped the sentiment in the centre of the panel with dark chocolate ink and added one more die cut apple in the bottom right corner. I adhered the panel to my card base using double sided tape.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
* to be updated *
We hope you will be inspired by our World Card Making Day IG Hop and will pop over and check out all the gorgeous creations along the way.
Thanks for stopping by and take care.
Lots of love,
Lots of love,
card supplies:
Spellbinders - perfect pies die set
Spellbinders - delicious decorations die set (for larger apples and leaves)
Spellbinders - perfect pies sentiments & fillings clear stamp
Spellbinders - dish it up die set (for fork)
Spellbinders - fluted classic circles die set (for 'plate')
Spellbinders - scarlet smooth disc color essentials sequins on sale!
Clearly Besotted - scalloped edges die collection
Gina K Designs - dark chocolate ink pad
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for my card base)
Limetree Craft - warm mushroom 220gsm card
Memory Box - cranberry gingham card
all other coloured/mirror card from my scraps bin






No comments:
Post a Comment