My Lovely Followers

Saturday, 3 October 2026

Penny Black Saturday challenge - guest designer card

Hello friends; it's another busy day on my blog today as I have two cards to share with you.  The first card is as guest designer for the Penny Black Saturday challenge.  I was lucky enough to win one of their recent challenges and was honoured to be asked to be a guest designer for them. The challenge is 'ATG' but has an optional twist of 'bright colours'.
...or Hedgie
I was going to use one of my favourite Penny Black hedgie stamps but then I remembered I had this cute 'balloon ride' stamp and I thought it would be perfect for the theme with the balloons in lots of bright colours.  I also decided to stencil some rainbow clouds for extra fun and I think it turned out super cute.  I hope you like it too.
Here is my card:
A closer look at the sweet image:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by stamping the image onto alcohol marker friendly card, coloured it with my Promarkers and added some white gelly roll pen highlights.  I don't have the die so I fussy cut him out.  I cut a white panel to 4" x 5 1/4" and using a cloud stencil and a rainbow of ink pads created my bright and happy background.  I decided to die cut a cityscape for my bear to float above and originally went with black (as I usually would) but it was too stark for this card so I re-cut it from beige card, which I think looks much better.  I cut two of the cityscapes and adhered them together with liquid glue for stability.  I stamped the sentiment onto white card using black ink and used a sentiment strip die to cut it out.  Now it was time to assemble the pieces; I added the cityscape to the very bottom of the panel using liquid glue and the floating bear with foam squares in the centre.  I felt the sentiment was too long as it was so cut it apart and added it to the left of the bear using foam squares.  The panel was then adhered to my card base using double sided tape.  For the inside I cut another white panel and added some rainbow clouds at the bottom.  I stamped, coloured and fussy cut another image and, although it pained me to do so, I cut it in half so that I could add it to the bottom of the panel (so that he looks like he is floating out of the bottom of the card!).  I stamped the sentiment in black ink alongside the image.  The panel was adhered to the card base using double sided tape. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

* to be updated *

Please pop over to the Penny Black Saturday challenge blog for all the details/rules and to see the amazing creations from the design team. I would like to thank Helen and the team for having me as a guest this month. There is a mid-way reminder post on the 17th October so I'll be back with another cute PB card then.  I hope you will find the time to enter the challenge and cannot wait to see all your projects in the linky. 

Thanks for stopping by and see you all soon. 

Love and hugs,

card supplies:
Promarkers
MFT - mini cloud edges stencil
Clearly Besotted - a little sentiment clear stamp (for inside sentiment)
Limetree Craft - 280gsm silky smooth white card (not available but other options are here and here)
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad

I have Affiliate Links for the Gina K Designs store. If you are considering making a purchase I would appreciate you using my links as it will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. 
Thank you x

No comments: