My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 8 October 2026

Seize the Birthday challenge - surprise guest card

Hello friends, me again; Thursday are becoming such a busy day for me on my blog lol!  I was lucky enough to win a recent challenge so I am guest designing (or the surprise guest as they call it) for the Seize the Birthday challenge.
The theme for this challenge is 'double frame' which is really fun.
This is such a great theme and there are so many ways to use 2 frames on your card.  I took the 'easy' route and laid one frame on top of each other but you could offset them, add images inside them; I can't wait to see what everyone makes.  I used a new-to-me die set from Spellbinders and isn't the panda super adorable.  I think it turned out super cute and I hope you like it.   
Here is my card:
A closer look at the cute panda:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by die cutting my frames from black card and the inner piece from orange gingham paper (I'm loving these Memory Box papers are the moment) and adhered them together with liquid glue.  I added foam squares behind the smaller frame and added it onto the larger frame.  I die cut all the pieces for the  panda from black and white card and the bow from light orange card, adhering them together with liquid glue.  To make him more in keeping for a birthday I die cut a balloon and party hat from a different spellbinders set from the light orange card and the bobble from the gingham paper.  I added the panda onto the smaller frame using foam squares.  I stamped a simple happy birthday in black onto white card and used a sentiment strips die to cut it out.  I added the sentiment across the legs of the panda using a mix of foam squares and liquid glue.  I didn't add any embellishments as I liked it as it was.  The panel was the adhered to my card base using double sided tape.  For the inside I cut the same large black frame and a white inner but also cut a slightly larger rectangle from the gingham paper to layer between, which I did with liquid glue.  I die cut a second panda and added him to the bottom of the frame with liquid glue and stamped a sentiment in the centre with black ink.  The panel was adhered to my card base using double sided tape.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

* to be updated * 

I would like to thank Nancy and all the Team at Seize the Birthday for inviting me to be a guest for this fun challenge and I hope you will pop over and leave them some love.  

Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for stopping by.

Love and hugs, 

card supplies:
Spellbinders - dancin' birthday panda die set - on sale!
Spellbinders - birthday bliss die set DOM-Nov24 (for balloon & party hat)
Spellbinders - lots of wishing you sentiments clear stamp (for outside sentiment)
Avery Elle - large pierced scallop die set
Memory Box - mango gingham paper
Gina K Designs - sentiment strips die set
Limetree Craft - 280gsm silky smooth white card (not available but other options are here and here)
Limetree Craft - 220gsm black card
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad

I have Affiliate Links for the Gina K Designs store. If you are considering making a purchase I would appreciate you using my links as it will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you x

4 comments:

JoAnn said...

Your card is definitely super cut. Love the cute panda and your double frames. Glad to have you as our Party Guest over at STB.

Lisa Elton said...

Adorable card, love the tiny gingham!

Nancy said...

I love this panda so much and you have done such an incredible job with my Topping. I love your colors too. Thanks for being with us!

Linda said...

An adorable card with that sweet panda. Love the black and the orange gingham. Happy to have you guesting with us.