Hello again everyone and welcome back to my blog. I am here to share my card for this week's Just Us Girls challenge and this week is Word Week and Carol Mc has given us the theme of 'move'. This means she would like to see a card with any of the following: interactive, fun fold, a rocker card, pop-up, easel card, bridge card, shaker, wobbler, spinner, a tab to pull something, a sliding mechanism etc. Something on your card must physically move, shake, slide or open. I can't wait to see what you create and I hope you can join in the fun with us. Our guest this month is Carrie Sheridan so please pop over and show her some love.
I originally was going to make a rocker card but changed my mind at the last moment. I went fairly simple in the end and created a square column pop up card, which is so easy to make (there is a tutorial here if you would like to check it out). I used papers and ephemera for my card and it turned out really pretty. I hope you like it too. There is slight photo overload today so I'm apologising up front lol!
Here is my card (it folds down flat for mailing):
A slightly different angle:
Looking down on the card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the back:
I began by cutting a white panel 10 1/8" x 5 1/2" and scored on the long side at 4 1/4″, 5 3/4″, 7 1/4″ and 8 3/4″. I added double sided tape to the last panel and adhered it to the card. I cut my black mats for the columns at 1 1/4" x 5 1/4 and the leafy patterned paper 1 1/8" x 5 1/8" and adhered them together using liquid glue. For the front panel I cut a black mat 3" x 5 1/4" and the pink paper 2 7/8" x 5 1/8. I added all the panels to the card base using liquid glue. I cut two black stitched circles and 2 slightly smaller plain white circles and adhered them together with liquid glue. I added these onto the front column with foam squares. I added the ephemera onto the circles with a mix of foam squares and liquid glue. I stamped and white heat embossed my sentiment onto black card and used the coordinating die to cut it out. I added it between the two circles using liquid glue. I finished off with some tiny black pearls. For the back of the card I cut a black mat 4" x 5 1/4" and a white panel 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" and adhered them together with liquid glue. I cut a 1 1/8" x 4" strip of leafy paper and a 1 1/4" x 4" black mat and added them to the bottom of the panel using liquid glue. I added one more piece of ephemera in the bottom right corner. I stamped and white heat embossed another sentiment onto black card and used the coordinating die to cut it out and used liquid glue to adhere it to centre of the panel. The panel was then adhered to the card base using double sided tape.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges
* to be updated *
I can't wait to see all your bold creations this week and look forward to seeing your entries in the linky. Please pop over to the challenge blog and leave some love for the rest of the design team.
I appreciate you stopping by. I have one more card for you today so please, if you are able, pop back and check it out.
Love and hugs,
I appreciate you stopping by. I have one more card for you today so please, if you are able, pop back and check it out.
Love and hugs,
card supplies:
Gina K Designs - watercolor floral ephemera pack
Gina K Designs - watercolor floral 6x6 patterned paper pack (for leafy paper)
Gina K Designs - feathers & fauna card kit (for pink paper)
Gina K Designs - master layouts 03 (for circle dies)
Gina K Designs - white pigment ink cube
Gina K Designs - black, gold & silver mini pearl mix
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)
Limetree Craft - 220gsm black card








2 comments:
Denise, your card is so beautiful! I love the pink and green color palette and all the pretty flowers! This is such a lovely birthday card!
Your square column pop-up card is gorgeous! The papers and ephemera you've featured add another level of WOW to the overall card design. So creative!
hugs~carol
Post a Comment