My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 10 September 2026

Krafty Chicks challenge #837 - Christmas

Good morning lovely friends. I hope you're all doing ok and having a great week so far. It's time for a new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge and this week is Week 2, our theme is 'Christmas' and I am your hostess. We are in the 'ber months now so if you haven't already started your Christmas cards it's time to ramp up production.  We hope you will join us and build up your collection and take the pressure off in December.  So come on over and join in the fun with us.
I went fairly clean and simple this week and used a Penny Black wooden stamp that I got from a friend in her recent destash.  I found a tin of Arteza expert pencils (which I completely forgot I had) so thought I would try them out.  I think I need a little more practice but it turned out ok.  I hope you like it. 
Here is my card:
A closer look at the adorable image:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" from alcohol marker friendly card (although I will cut it down later) and stamped the image at the bottom using Memento ink.  I used the Arteza pencils and sansodor (similar to gamsol) to colour the image.  I did a test one first and I messed up the hedgie so the one on my card is my second try.  I die cut the panel using a stitched rectangle die and also die cut 2 more stitched rectangles in slightly increasing sizes to layer up.  I also die cut a red mat layer using a plain rectangle die and adhered all the layers together using liquid glue.  I stamped the sentiment onto white card using black ink and used a stitched label die to cut it out.  I also die cut a flag banner from red card and layered them together using liquid glue.  I added the sentiment label to the top left of my panel using liquid glue.  I added the panel to my card base using double sided tape.  I didn't add any embellishments as I liked the CAS design.  For the inside I die cut the largest stitched rectangle from white and the plain rectangle from red and adhered them together with liquid glue.  I salvaged the snowman from my test run and fussy cut him out before adding him to the bottom left corner with liquid glue.  I stamped the sentiment in the bottom right corner with black ink.  The panel was adhered to the card base using double sided tape.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

* to be updated *

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'Christmas' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky. Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori

Thank you so much for stopping by; I appreciate your lovely comments.  I'll be back in a little while with my card for this week's Just Us Girls challenge. 

Love and hugs,

card supplies:
Arteza- Expert 120 coloured pencils in tin
Winsor & Newton - sansodor low odour solvent
Clearly Besotted - mini messages clear stamp - retired 
LOTV - Christmas greetings A5 clear stamp (for inside) no longer available
Gina K Designs - master layouts 01 die set (for plain rectangle die)
Gina K Designs - master layouts 02 die set (for middle stitched rectangle die)
Gina K Designs - master layouts 05 die set (for smallest stitched rectangle, flag die and strip die)
Gian K Designs - master layouts 14 die set (for largest stitched rectangle die)
Limetree Craft - 280gsm silky smooth white card (not available but other options are here and here)
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)
Limetree Craft - persian red 200gsm card
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad
Heffy Doodle - alcohol marker friendly card - store now closed

I have Affiliate Links for the Gina K Designs store. If you are considering making a purchase I would appreciate you using my links as it will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you x




No comments: