My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 3 September 2026

Krafty Chicks challenge #836 - Birthday

Good morning lovely friends. I hope you're all doing ok and having a great week so far. It's time for a new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge and this week is Week 1, our theme is 'birthday' and our hostess is Leanne. We always need birthday cards, gift packaging and decorations so I'm sure you will find this week a breeze!  We hope you will come over and join in the fun with us.
I found a stamp and matching stencil in my stash that I don't think I've ever used so I thought it was time to show it some love.  I went with a pretty colour combo of purple, yellow and green and made a shaped card.  I hope you like it.
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and stamped the image using a sandy beach ink pad; I left my stamp in the Misti whilst I stencilled, and then re-stamped it with black ink at the end so that I wouldn't smudge the black ink when doing my blending.  I used 2 shades of lilac on the larger flowers and 2 shades of yellow on the smaller flowers and buds.  I used 2 shades of green for the leaves.  It's a really pretty, girly colour combo and not one I use very often but I should.  I die cut the panel using the notched corner frame die and decided to use the largest notched corner die to make a shaped card, which I cut from dark purple card.  I added the stencilled panel onto the card base with liquid glue.  I stamped the sentiment with black ink and used the coordinating die to cut it out (as well as 3 plain white ones so that I could layer it up) and then added that two thirds of the way down using liquid glue.  I finished off with some black pearls.  Apart from the sentiment there isn't much dimension on my card (for a change).  For the inside I cut a white panel using the notch corner frame die.  I would usually add some more stencilling on the bottom of my panel to coordinate with the front but to be honest I was pressed for time and had already cleaned my stencil so instead used a piece of yellow patterned paper, again cut with the die, and adhered them together with liquid glue.  I also added a thin strip of the purple card above the paper with liquid glue.  I stamped the sentiment in the centre with black ink and added the panel onto my card base with liquid glue.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

* to be updated *

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'birthday' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky. Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori

Thank you so much for stopping by; I appreciate your lovely comments.  I'll be back in a little while with my card for this week's Just Us Girls challenge. 

Love and hugs,



card supplies:
Gina K Designs - courtyard silhouettes stamp & die (for outside sentiment)
Gina K Designs - springy sketches mini stamp (for inside sentiment)
Limetree Craft - 280gsm silky smooth white card (not available but other options are here and here)
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad
Teresa Collins - every day moments 6x6 paper pad - discontinued
purple card from my stash

I have Affiliate Links for the Gina K Designs store. If you are considering making a purchase I would appreciate you using my links as it will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you x

No comments: