My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 3 September 2026

Just Us Girls challenge #839 - Die Week

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog. I am here to share my card for this week's Just Us Girls challenge and this week is Die Week and Sue has given us the theme of 'thank you'. So grab your thank you or thanks dies and join in the fun with us.  We all love our dies don't we and I cannot wait to see all your gorgeous creations. Our guest this month is Julia Aston so please pop over and show her some love.
I used a favourite thank you die from Spellbinders and I love that it has a shadow.  Whilst I was getting that die from my stash I came across the 'build-a-wreath' die set that I haven't used yet so thought I would bust that out too.  As the thank you die cut is quite large I decided to make a square card for a change so that I could comfortably fit everything in.  I hope you like it.
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by creating my card base; I cut white card to 11" x 5 1/2" and scored it at 5 1/2" to make my 5 1/2" square card base.  I also cut a white panel 5 1/4" square and embossed it using a leafy folder.  I used coloured card from my scraps bin to cut out all the branches for the wreath, the flowers and the gorgeous bow (my scraps bin could keep me going until the end of time I think lol!) and assembled the flowers and bow with liquid glue.  I die cut the thank you from gold mirror card and the shadow from vellum and adhered them together using liquid glue.  I arranged the branches to make the wreath shape and adhered them with liquid glue onto my embossed panel.  I added the bow at the top and the flowers on the bottom of the wreath using foam squares.  I added tiny slivers of foam tape behind the thank you word and added that into the centre of the wreath.  I finished off with some gold disc sequins.  I added some scrap white card behind my panel and adhered it to my card base using double sided tape.  For the inside I cut another white panel 5 1/4" square and partially embossed the bottom using the leafy folder.  I had one flower and two branches left over so added them to the bottom right corner using liquid glue.  I stamped the sentiment in the centre with dark brown ink before adding the panel to the card base using double sided tape.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

* to be updated *

I can't wait to see all your die cuts this week and look forward to seeing your entries in the linky. Please pop over to the challenge blog and leave some love for the rest of the design team.

I appreciate you stopping by.

Love and hugs,

card supplies:
Spellbinders - thank you dies
Spellbinders - build-a-wreath die set
Spellbinders - branching out embossing folder 
Spellbinders - envelope of wonder stamp sentiments clear stamp
Gina K Designs - dark chocolate ink pad (to stamp inside sentiment)
Limetree Craft - 280gsm silky smooth white card (not available but other options are here and here)
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)

I have Affiliate Links for the Gina K Designs store. If you are considering making a purchase I would appreciate you using my links as it will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you x

4 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Denise what a fabulous fall wreath... just wonderful!

cm said...

Your sunflower wreath is lovely; a perfect frame for the oh-so-pretty thank you. Gorgeous card in every way.
hugs~carol

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful floral wreath with the red bow and gems, Denise! The embossed white background sets it off wonderfully! I'm so thrilled to be joining you all as Guest DT this month! Julia xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

You rocked this challenge that wreath is gorgeous