My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, 12 August 2026

Stencil Fun IG Hop - August 26

Hello again friends; I am back to share my card for the Stencil Fun IG Hop organised by my lovely friend Jane. We a group of crafters who are determined to use their forgotten and neglected stencils. I'm definitely guilty of this; I have so many stencils but usually forget to reach for them so this hop is perfect for me. The theme is always anything goes but we will have an optional theme to use if we want to. This month's optional theme is 'complementary colours', which means colours that are opposite to each other on the colour wheel i.e. red/green, blue/orange or yellow/purple.  I'm sure there will be lots of fantastic and colourful creations, and I'm excited to see what everyone has made.
I used an older, unloved stencil from Funky Fossil Designs and as it had two layers it was perfect for my complementary colours of blue and orange.  I paired it with a fun stamp set from Funky Fossil too and I think it turned out great.  I hope you like it. 
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" (although I did cut it down later) and stencilled the panel using the blue and orange ink pads.  It's a fun mid century modern pattern and I thought it would be perfect for a masculine gaming themed card.  I stamped the controller using black ink onto alcohol marker friendly card, even though I only needed to colour the buttons I didn't want the black ink to smear.  There aren't any dies so I fussy cut the controller.  I decided to trim the panel to 3 3/4" x 4" and adhered it onto a white panel cut to 3 3/4" x 5"; I also added a thin strip of navy card under the stencilled panel.  I added this onto an orange mat layer using double sided tape.  I stamped the sentiment in the bottom left corner and added the controller to the right using foam squares.  The panel was then adhered to my card base using double sided tape.  For the inside I cut another white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and added the left over strip of stencilled background to the bottom using liquid glue; I also added a thin strip of navy card above it.  I stamped the sentiment in the centre and also added a space invader image in the bottom right corner using black ink.  The panel was adhered to the card base using double sided tape. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

613 Avenue Create challenge - ATG optional twist play time
Paper Rocks Scissors challenge - I fussy cut my controller
Try It On Tuesday challenge - make it colourful

We hope you will be inspired by our Stencil Fun Instagram Hop and will pop over and check out all the gorgeous cards along the way. If you would like to join us please visit my Instagram page or use the hashtag #stencilfunAugust2026 and we will find you.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend.

Lots of love

card supplies:
Funky Fossil Designs - mid century modern half circles stencil
Funky Fossil Designs - gamer clear stamp 
Promarkers
Gina K Designs - ink pads - blue denim & tangerine twist
Limetree Craft - 280gsm silky smooth white card (not available but other options are here and here)
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad
coloured card from my scraps bin

I now have an Affiliate Link for the Gina K Designs store. If you are considering making a purchase I would appreciate you using my links as it will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. 
Thank you x

1 comment:

Conniecrafter said...

That stencil is great for a gamers card, neat idea!