My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 13 August 2026

Krafty Chicks challenge #833 - Christmas

Good morning lovely friends, I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you're all doing ok. It's time for a new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge and this week we are on Week 2; as always the theme is 'Christmas' and I am your hostess. We are slowly adding to the Christmas pile, which really takes the stress off later in the year. We hope you will come over and join in the fun with us.
I dug into the latest Gina K Designs 'Christmas in July' card kit for today's card.  I used some non-traditional colours and kept it fairly clean and simple but I'm really happy with how it turned out. I hope you like it too. 
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and used the 'snowy' background stamp and some pink ink to create my fun splatter effect background.  I stamped the image onto alcohol marker friendly card and coloured it in with a combination of spectrum noir and Promarkers, also adding some white gelly roll pen highlights.  I used the coordinating die to cut it out (plus 3 more from plain white so that I could stack them).  I stamped the sentiment onto white card using black ink and again used the matching die to cut it out (plus another 3 from white to stack them up).  I adhered all the die cuts together using liquid glue.  As the sentiment was slightly too long for my card I fussy cut between the words so that I could them as two separate words.  I added the bauble image in the upper half of the card and the sentiments in the lower half of the card using liquid glue. I finished off with some black pearls.  I added some scrap white card behind my panel and adhered it to my card base using double sided tape.  For the inside I cut another white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and added some of the snowy background in the bottom third of the panel using the same pink ink.  I stamped, coloured and die cut one more image as before but decided to cut it apart and just use two baubles in the bottom right corner, using liquid glue.  I stamped the sentiment in the centre with black ink before adding my panel to the card base with double sided tape.  As I had part of the second image left over I decided to decorate the back of my envelope and added it with liquid glue.  
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

ABC Christmas challenge - P, Q & R - (R for rectangle)
As You Like It challenge - favourite colouring medium (I have primarily used Promarkers for over 15 years and like how easy they are to use; no refilling and mine are still going strong)
Cut It Up challenge - add a sentiment + must use a die cut
Girlz and the Art of Letters challenge - Letter G (garland, girly)
Merry Little Christmas challenge - anything Christmas goes

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'Christmas' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky. Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - Leanne, Diane and Lori.

Thank you so much for stopping by; I will be back in a little while with my DT card for the Just Us Girls challenge.

Love and hugs,
card supplies:
Gina K Designs - joyful borders stamp & die set (kit is sold out but will be available individually next release)
Gina K Designs - snowy background stamp
Gina K Designs - dusty rose ink pad
Limetree Craft - 280gsm silky smooth white card (not available but other options are here and here)
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card
Versafine - nocturne ink pad
Heffy Doodle - alcohol marker friendly card (store now closed)
Promarkers
Spectrum Noir tri-blend markers (bright pink blend & lavender blend)

I now have an Affiliate Link for the Gina K Designs store. If you are considering making a purchase I would appreciate you using my links as it will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. 
Thank you x

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Love the little ornaments, this is cute!