here is a better look at the mood board:
Isn't it a stunning picture? Obviously you can be drawn to the sunflowers, butterflies or both or just use the colours as your inspiration. I decided to use both on my card today and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I hope you like it too.
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and blended all over the panel using Christmas pine ink. The sunflowers are a three step stamp and I used Gina K's tip on how to mass produce using a template (or 3 in this case) to get perfect alignment; and it really worked, they are all stamped perfectly. Once they were all stamped I used the coordinating die to cut them out. I also stamped the butterfly and coloured it with my Promarkers before using the coordinating die to cut it out. I added the sunflowers using foam squares in a cluster in the centre of the panel and added the butterfly at the top again adding a thin piece of foam tape behind the body so that the wings could be lifted up a little. The sentiment was stamped onto white card using black ink and cut out with the matching die (I also cut 3 more from plain white card to layer up). The sentiment was adhered over the sunflowers using liquid glue. The panel was then added to my card base using double sided tape. For the inside I cut another white panel and blended the Christmas pine ink along the bottom. I had one sunflower and one butterfly left over so adhered them over the blended border using liquid glue. I stamped the sentiment in the centre using black ink and then adhered the panel to the card base using double sided tape.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Alphabet challenge - I is for insects
Beautiful Blossoms challenge - anything floral goes optional mood photo

Classic Design challenge - ATG optional twist use die cuts
Craft-alnica challenge - sunflower
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG must include an animal
Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge - inspiration photo

Inkspirational challenge - garden

Inspiration Station challenge - inspiration photo

We Love Stamping challenge - summer blooms or ATG
I appreciate you stopping by.
Love and hugs,
card supplies:
Gina K Designs - courage to fly mini stamp (current incentive - will be available next month)
Promarkers
Sakura - white no. 10 gelly roll pen
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad
Memento - tuxedo black ink pad
Heffy Doodle - alcohol marker friendly card - store now closed







20 comments:
Your sunflowers and butterfly combination is a lovely take on the mood board. Such an eye-catching card...
hugs~carol
Denise... this is sooooo cute!
Love the center focus of your flowers! Fabulous inspired card
Denise, all the colors you used are just beautiful! What a fabulous take on the board! And as always, I love how you continue the design on the inside of the card. Wonderful take on the challenges!!!
I do like the way it turned out... inside and out! This is delightful, Denise!
Your sunflowers are so pretty against that beautifully inked background. Love that cute butterfly, too.
Gorgeous card Denise. Those sunflowers are so pretty and your colourful butterfly agrees.
Your ink blended background shows off those delightful sunflowers beautifully, Denise, and the butterfly adds extra color.
Denise, you did such an excellent job of translating that digital artwork into a work of handmade art! I am always so impressed at how you tie the inside together with the outside with enough variety that it feels like a whole new card to enjoy! Thank you so much for joining in with us again at the Alphabet Challenge, Nancy J
What a beautiful card! I love the colour combo and the overall composition of this design. Thanks for playing along with HSS!
It's a beautiful card Denise, many thanks for sharing at We Love Stamping challenge.
B x
Hvala, ker z zelo lepo sončnico sodeluješ pri CRAFT-alnici
Your color combo is stunning and I love the butterflies! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!
Wow, Denise! that cluster of sunflowers is SO pretty! I can see why that lovely butterfly would be fluttering around them - wonderful big sentyiment as well! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Garden! Julia xx
Gorgeous Autumn theme and the colors work so well together. Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station and Beautiful Blossoms Challenges, and sharing your lovely card with us!
Donna xx
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
Lepo voščilnico si izdelala za tokratni izziv. Hvala, ker z voščilnico sodeluješ v CRAFT-alnici.
Adorable and stunning card.
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge.
A lovely card and I love the design with the sunflowers.
Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping. Avril
A beautiful interpretation from the Mood Board. I loved your insect. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges for Insects. Caz. DT.
Čudovito voščilnico si izdelala. Všeč mi j, da si okrasila tudi notranjost. Hvala, ker voščilnico deliš z nami v CRAFT-alnici.
Post a Comment